Wood County Christian School
- The mission of Wood County Christian School is to equip the mind, engage the heart to impact the world for Jesus!
- The academic program at Wood County Christian School offers families a strong curriculum to prepare their children will for college and career choices.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, mild learning differences|
|Total Students||278 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 6%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Algebra II, American Literature, British Literature, English Composition I, English Composition II|
|Average SAT score||1306|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,116|
|Tuition Notes||This is the cost for 1 child for grades K5-12.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jane C. Smith|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Civic/Community Sponsored Activities, Honor Society, Spanish/French Club Trips, Student Council, Teenage Republicans
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir and Band
- Wood County Christian School is a private, Christian school located within the city limits of Williamstown, West Virginia in Wood County. WCCS offers grades pre-school through 12th grade. Over 275 students attend WCCS. Wood County Christian School is accredited with distinction by the American Association of Christian Schools and is accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International, as well as the NCA, NAC, and SACS. WCCS`s accreditation is recognized by the West Virginia Department of Education.Students are offered college-preparatory classes and advanced placement is offered in English, History, and Math. Post secondary options are available.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Parkersburg Grades: 7-12 | 154 students
3201 Fairview Ave
Parkersburg, WV 26104
(304)485-6341 8.8 7-12
The parent-teacher conference is a wonderful opportunity to discuss your child's progress. Make the most of it by preparing yourself both emotionally and intellectually for this special, brief time with your child's teacher.
Are the SAT and ACT essential for college admissions? The answer to that question depends on many things, not the least of which is your own personal philosophy of education. Some more answers here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.