North Christian School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- North Christian School is an ministry of North Parkersburg Baptist Church. Both our staff and student body represent a wide number of area churches.
- If you are a parent or grandparent who seeks a school that is committed to academic excellence and is Christ-centered, NCS is the place for your child.
- North Christian School's vision is "to continually provide a quality Christian education to children that reflects Christian values and incorporates a standards-based curriculum integrated with 21st century skills and technology." North Christian School provides students with an academically challenging curriculum which will promote high academic standards while helping the students to achieve skills in creative and critical thinking.
- North Christian School teaches students to know Jesus Christ and the Bible as the authoritative Word of God.
- Students learn biblical principles throughout the curriculum with the following objectives: spiritual awareness, personal relationship with Christ, and spiritual growth. Please call the school to schedule a free Academic Success Consultation with the school's principal.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Title I Interventionist Services|
|Total Students||148 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 6%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Financial assistance program in place|
|Admissions Director||Susan Gracey|
|Admissions Associate||Vicki Lyons|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Soccer, Softball, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Community Service Club, Dance Club, Drama, Lego Building, Lego's Club, Recycling Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Baseball Softball, Basketball Club, Soccer Club
- North Christian School offers small class sizes, a Christian curriculum with weekly chapel meetings, and a variety of extracurricular opportunities. The school participates in traditional Science and Social Studies Fairs, Math Field Day, etc. Gifted and talented services are available as well as intervention services for Reading and Math. NCS highly values family involvement, including an active Parent Teacher Organization and four annual family programs each year. Our teachers are all highly credentialed and the school is fully accredited through AdvancEd.
NCS has truly been a blessing to our family. The teachers are top notch and make learning fun for the students. The entire staff from teachers, administrators, coaches, custodial staff, etc. sincerely love the students and want only the best for them. My family has made wonderful friendships because of NCS as well. NCS is more than a school, it's a family!
- Posted by Parent - Mom of two NCS Students
North Christian School provides a safe, positive environment for students to grow academically and spiritually. The staff/administration know each student by name and care deeply for them.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
We love North Christian School. We currently have our 2 kids going there and they are excelling in their grades. North has small class sizes and they are a smaller school if you are looking for a smaller school. The teachers are all certified teachers and take joy in teaching each and every student. It's neat to see teachers from other grades calling all the students by their names. It is a close knit community within the school. North offers Music and Technology one day a week and Gym class three times a week. Students from 3 year olds through middle school go to Spanish one day a week and there is a school choir that is offered to kids in grades 3-5th. The school also offers clubs after school. Some clubs you might see at North are dance, drama, community service, basketball, soccer, baseball/softball, lego, board games, guitar, chess, recycling, etc. The school also plays basketball, cheerleading and track with Wood County Schools. North also participates in Social Studies Fair, Science Fair, Speech Meet, and Spelling Bee. My favorite part about North is the Christ-centered education that my kids receive each and every day. I love that they pray as a student body at the beginning of each day, they are taking Bible class and their curriculum is Christ-centered. Students also meet once a week for Chapel.
- Posted by Parent - buckeyes08
North Christian School provides students with a safe, faith based, loving environment. The teachers are all state certified and teach from Christian published curriculum. The test scores each year are always above national averages. We love this school!
- Posted by Parent - PrzHim
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.