- Woodfield Academy is a private day school for students with diagnosed learning differences located in Macon, Georgia.
- The Academy serves children in grades 2 through 12 and offers two academic tracks; one of which is designed for students with average to superior ability.
- The Rivoli School track is a life skills curriculum designed for students who may have cognitive and/or developmental disabilities.
- Beginning in the fall of 2016, Woodfield will launch a Fifth Year Transitional Program designed for current students.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Georgia Accrediting Commission|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||LD Aspergers Syndrome ADHD|
|Total Students||65 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants and collared shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,250|
|Tuition Notes||Eligible students may receive the Georgia Special Needs Scholarship|
|Admissions Director||Becky Sessions Head of School|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Macon Grades: PK-12 | 35 students
143 Williamson Dr
Macon, GA 31210
(978)563-9663 8 PK-12
- Macon Grades: PK-9 | 145 students
855 Tolliver Place
Macon, GA 31210
(478)757-8927 2.6 PK-9
- Macon Grades: K-8 | 39 students
1550 Edna Pl
Macon, GA 31204
(478)746-0202 3 K-8
- Macon Grades: NS-12
PO Box 28921
Macon, GA 31221
(478)787-6183 4.4 NS-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.