Abundant Life School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Abundant Life School is a ministry of Sylvan Hills First Baptist Church.
- Our academic program is challenging and prepares students to succeed in college and beyond as life long learners and achievers.
- From preschool through high school, our expectations are high and our students grow and graduate as men and women equipped to be responsible, ethical, hard workers whether going to college or entering the work force.
- The daily environment of our school is conducive to teaching and learning.
- Ours is a place where structure and order go hand in hand with love and close relationships between teachers and students.
- At Abundant Life School everyone (student, parent, and teacher) works together for the success of the student.
- We urge you to make Abundant Life your school. Our mission is to assist parents in training their children to become Godly young men and women by educating them spiritually, mentally, physically, and socially.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||319 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Maumelle Grades: 7-12
1 Windsong Dr.
Maumelle, AR 72113
(501)758-3160 7.1 7-12
- Jacksonville Grades: PK-12 | 240 students
3301 N First Street
Jacksonville, AR 72076
(501)982-7522 8.3 PK-12
- Little Rock Grades: PK-12 | 1360 students
12701 Hinson Road
Little Rock, AR 72212
(501)604-1910 11 PK-12
- North Little Rock Grades: PK-6 | 66 students
900 Mission Rd
North Little Rock, AR 72118
(501)753-5157 1.8 PK-6
Abundant Life School is a wonderful Christian school in the heart of Sherwood. Dedicated, highly qualified staff, and strong leadership in Mr. Moseley. We love the small class sizes and family atmosphere. We visited one of the highly recommended NLR elementary schools and it's facilities were prison-like and run down. Frankly, it scared me to death of sending my children there. Stepping into the front building of ALS, we felt a huge weight lifted from our shoulders. We feel like our children have thrived at Abundant Life, and we know each day when they are dropped off that they are in good hands. I have friends who have children now in college that were ALS grads. All have said that their children were well prepared and ahead of most of their peers entering into their freshman years in college. As with anything, what you put into your child's education is what you will get out of it. Parent involvement and children's dedication to their work will also affect how successful they become, but we couldn't be more pleased with the education they are receiving at Abundant Life School.
- Posted by Parent - Happy Parent
We have two teenagers at Abundant Life School and we love it. The academics are excellent, mostly Bob Jones and Abekah curriculum including AP classes that are taught by teachers that really care, in an atmosphere that is Christ Centered. The class sizes are just right, the teachers and students get to know each other and my kids have built relationships that will last a lifetime. ALS has numerous sports, plus music, art and drama too (sorry no football yet) if you're interested in those. In the higher grades they really emphasize college prep, and the counselors are excellent at guiding the students to the right classes, and finding scholarships. Compared to other private schools it is reasonably priced. Sure you can go to ACA or one of the other big name private schools and get a sparkling building and huge classes, but you will pay out the nose for it. ALS isn`t quite as fancy but our children are getting a more intimate and Christ focused experience at a cost most working class families can afford. Also, note they have a number of discounts for military, veterans, clergy, members of Sylvan Hills First Baptist Church and a few others. I will mention that the school had some issues in 2009-2010 with some faculty misconduct. You may find that on Google. The bad actors are gone and those issues are all in the past. My kids have been at ALS since 2014 and we`ve seen nothing but the best from the faculty and staff!
- Posted by Parent - Al
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.