The Children's House
The Children's House Photo #2 - Our open classroom design is geared toward a child sized world with work areas both inside and out.
The Children's House Photo #3 - Our big yard area allows the students free space to play on beautiful, sunny days. The yard overlooks a stream that runs in the back of the school.
The Children's House Photo #4 - The lower pavilion is used for Physical Education classes, school assemblies, and much more!
The Children's House Photo #5 - Since its establishment in 1965, The Children’s House Hawaii has followed the Montessori approach to education. It has consistently prepared the classroom environment guided by Montessori principles.
- The Children’s House is an independent, co-educational Christian School with a Montessori approach, serving students from Preschool to Sixth Grade located in upper Pearl City. Since 1965, The Children's House has been committed to providing a child-centered, developmentally appropriate education.
- We value the development of the whole child, physically, socially, cognitively, and spiritually.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||318 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 74%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Harriet Ayakawa|
- The Children’s House is an independent, co-educational Christian School with a Montessori approach, serving students from Preschool to Sixth Grade located in upper Pearl City.Since 1965, The Children's House has been committed to providing a child-centered, developmentally appropriate education. We value the development of the whole child, physically, socially, cognitively, and spiritually.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Waipahu Grades: NS-8 | 177 students
94-1044 Waipio Uka St
Waipahu, HI 96797
(808)678-3997 2.2 NS-8
- Honolulu Grades: PK-K | 24 students
3140 Waialae Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96816
(808)735-4875 13.2 PK-K
- Honolulu Grades: K-12 | 1938 students
563 Kamoku St
Honolulu, HI 96826
(808)949-5355 12.6 K-12
- Honolulu Grades: NS-6 | 193 students
1239 Nehoa St
Honolulu, HI 96822
(808)522-0244 10.9 NS-6
- Kailua Grades: PK-12 | 931 students
917 Kalanianaole Highway
Kailua, HI 96734
(808)261-0707 12.7 PK-12
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.