The Children's House
Tel: (808) 455-4131
The Children's House Photo #2 - Our open classroom design is geared toward a child sized world with work areas both inside and out.
The Children's House Photo #3 - Our big yard area allows the students free space to play on beautiful, sunny days. The yard overlooks a stream that runs in the back of the school.
The Children's House Photo #4 - The lower pavilion is used for Physical Education classes, school assemblies, and much more!
The Children's House Photo #5 - Since its establishment in 1965, The Children’s House Hawaii has followed the Montessori approach to education. It has consistently prepared the classroom environment guided by Montessori principles.
- The Children`s House is an independent, co-educational Christian School with a Montessori approach, serving students from Preschool to Sixth Grade located in upper Pearl City. Since 1965, The Children's House has been committed to providing a child-centered, developmentally appropriate education.
- We value the development of the whole child, physically, socially, cognitively, and spiritually.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||333 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 72%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Harriet Ayakawa|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
- The Children`s House is an independent, co-educational Christian School with a Montessori approach, serving students from Preschool to Sixth Grade located in upper Pearl City. Since 1965, The Children's House has been committed to providing a child-centered, developmentally appropriate education. We value the development of the whole child, physically, socially, cognitively, and spiritually.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Waipahu Grades: PK-8 | 168 students
94-1044 Waipio Uka St
Waipahu, HI 96797
(808) 678-3997 2.2 PK-8
- Honolulu Grades: K-12 | 1999 students
563 Kamoku St
Honolulu, HI 96826
(808) 949-5355 12.6 K-12
- Honolulu Grades: PK-K | 24 students
3140 Waialae Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96816
(808) 735-4875 13.2 PK-K
- Honolulu Grades: PK-6 | 196 students
1239 Nehoa St
Honolulu, HI 96822
(808) 522-0244 10.9 PK-6
- Kailua Grades: PK-12 | 831 students
917 Kalanianaole Highway
Kailua, HI 96734
(808) 261-0707 12.7 PK-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.