The Children's House
The Children's House Photo #2 - Our open classroom design is geared toward a child sized world with work areas both inside and out.
The Children's House Photo #3 - Our big yard area allows the students free space to play on beautiful, sunny days. The yard overlooks a stream that runs in the back of the school.
The Children's House Photo #4 - The lower pavilion is used for Physical Education classes, school assemblies, and much more!
The Children's House Photo #5 - Since its establishment in 1965, The Children’s House Hawaii has followed the Montessori approach to education. It has consistently prepared the classroom environment guided by Montessori principles.
- The Children`s House is an independent, co-educational Christian School with a Montessori approach, serving students from Preschool to Sixth Grade located in upper Pearl City. Since 1965, The Children's House has been committed to providing a child-centered, developmentally appropriate education.
- We value the development of the whole child, physically, socially, cognitively, and spiritually.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||333 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 74%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Harriet Ayakawa|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
- The Children`s House is an independent, co-educational Christian School with a Montessori approach, serving students from Preschool to Sixth Grade located in upper Pearl City. Since 1965, The Children's House has been committed to providing a child-centered, developmentally appropriate education. We value the development of the whole child, physically, socially, cognitively, and spiritually.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Waipahu Grades: NS-8 | 177 students
94-1044 Waipio Uka St
Waipahu, HI 96797
(808)678-3997 2.2 NS-8
- Honolulu Grades: K-12 | 1999 students
563 Kamoku St
Honolulu, HI 96826
(808)949-5355 12.6 K-12
- Honolulu Grades: PK-K | 24 students
3140 Waialae Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96816
(808)735-4875 13.2 PK-K
- Honolulu Grades: NS-6 | 193 students
1239 Nehoa St
Honolulu, HI 96822
(808)522-0244 10.9 NS-6
- Kailua Grades: PK-12 | 931 students
917 Kalanianaole Highway
Kailua, HI 96734
(808)261-0707 12.7 PK-12
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.