- Iolani School is a coeducational, college-preparatory school for grades K-12 founded upon Christian principles.
- Its mission is to develop liberally educated, well-rounded individuals who are well prepared for higher education and for responsible, moral citizenship.
- To foster academic excellence and personal growth, a school must be challenging and competitive yet compassionate and humane.
- The Iolani motto "One Team" expresses the spirit of unselfish cooperation and mutual support among faculty, staff, coaches, parents and students.
- Academic excellence and personal growth flourish in an atmosphere that is challenging and competitive, yet caring and nurturing.
- Through dynamic and personalized instruction in a multitude of disciplines, Iolani develops liberally educated, well-rounded individuals who are well prepared for college and ready to assume their responsibilities as active, moral citizens.
- The school's Sullivan Center for Innovation and Leadership provides students with the tools and resouces for real-world experiences and includes a fabrication lab, digitial media center, seminar room, science wet labs, library with collaboraiton centers and movable walls.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS)
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Total Students||1938 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 61%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||190 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||24 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$22,500|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid is available|
|Admissions Director||Kelly Monaco|
|Admissions Associate||Raquel Leong|
|Total Sports Offered||25 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Drill Team, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Kayaking, Martial Arts, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Surf Team, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, Weightlifting, WrestlingBallet, Baseball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Drill Team, Football,
Kayaking, Martial Arts,
Softball, Surf Team,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Water Polo, Weightlifting,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Founded in 1863 after a request by King Kamehameha IV and Queen Emma, 'Iolani School is situated on a 25-acre campus and serves more than 1,900 students in kindergarten through 12th grade. A culturally diverse, co-educational, college preparatory school with approximately 316 full-time faculty and staff, 'Iolani is rated among the best independent schools in the country for its academic, arts and athletics programs. One distinguishing strength of the school is its small class sizes and personal attenation provided to each student. 'Iolani's teacher-student ratio is 10:1.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- HonoluluGrades: K-12 | 3751 students
1601 Punahou Street
Honolulu, HI 96822
- HonoluluGrades: PK-12 | 1552 students
2445 Ka'ala Street
Honolulu, HI 96822
- HonoluluGrades: 6-12 | 618 students
3142 Waialae Ave
Honolulu, HI 96816
- HonoluluGrades: 6-12 | 686 students
1401 Houghtailing Street
Honolulu, HI 96817
- HonoluluGrades: K-12 | 1013 students
420 Wyllie Street
Honolulu, HI 96817