- Mid-Pacific began as a school serving the children of missionaries and today provides a private, independent coeducational college preparatory education for Pre-K through 12th grade students.
- In today's competitive world, there is a demonstrated need for the high-quality educational program offered at Mid-Pacific.
- We give young people the academic challenge and individual attention needed to reach beyond themselves and grow.
- Our programs are enriching and diverse, allowing our students to shine with their own unique strengths and talents.
- The development of each student as an individual is enhanced by promoting curiosity, creativity, and appreciation for self and others.
- At Mid-Pacific, our students are: Innovators • Artists • Individuals.
Mid-pacific Institute places among the top 20% of private schools in Hawaii for:
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||1556 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 74%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||115 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,000|
|Tuition Notes||ESL $2067 per ESL Class|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$7,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ella Browning|
|Admissions Associate||Hoku Chong|
|Total Sports Offered||20 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Kayaking, Riflery, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, Weightlifting, WrestlingBallet, Baseball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Water Polo,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Honolulu Grades: K-12 | 3751 students
1601 Punahou Street
Honolulu, HI 96822
(808)944-5711 1 K-12
- Honolulu Grades: K-12 | 1999 students
563 Kamoku St
Honolulu, HI 96826
(808)949-5355 1.4 K-12
- Honolulu Grades: 5-12 | 619 students
3142 Waialae Ave
Honolulu, HI 96816
(808)739-7777 1.2 5-12
- Honolulu Grades: 9-12 | 85 students
913 Alewa Dr
Honolulu, HI 96817
(808)595-6359 3.1 9-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.