- Mid-Pacific began as a school serving the children of missionaries and today provides a private, independent coeducational college preparatory education for Pre-K through 12th grade students.
- In today's competitive world, there is a demonstrated need for the high-quality educational program offered at Mid-Pacific.
- We give young people the academic challenge and individual attention needed to reach beyond themselves and grow.
- Our programs are enriching and diverse, allowing our students to shine with their own unique strengths and talents.
- The development of each student as an individual is enhanced by promoting curiosity, creativity, and appreciation for self and others.
- At Mid-Pacific, our students are: Innovators • Artists • Individuals.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||1556 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 74%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||115 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,000|
|Tuition Notes||ESL $2067 per ESL Class|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$7,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ella Browning|
|Admissions Associate||Hoku Chong|
|Total Sports Offered||20 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Kayaking, Riflery, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, Weightlifting, WrestlingBallet, Baseball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Water Polo,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Honolulu Grades: K-12 | 3751 students
1601 Punahou Street
Honolulu, HI 96822
(808)944-5711 1 K-12
- Honolulu Grades: K-12 | 1938 students
563 Kamoku St
Honolulu, HI 96826
(808)949-5355 1.4 K-12
- Honolulu Grades: K-12 | 327 students
224 Queen Emma Square
Honolulu, HI 96813
(808)536-6102 2.6 K-12
- Honolulu Grades: 5-12 | 619 students
3142 Waialae Ave
Honolulu, HI 96816
(808)739-7777 1.2 5-12
- Honolulu Grades: PK-12 | 489 students
2707 Pamoa Road
Honolulu, HI 96822
(808)988-4111 0.2 PK-12
July 16, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.