Montessori Community School
Tel: (808) 522-0244
- Montessori Community School (MCS) is an independent, non-sectarian school providing a Montessori education for children ages two through twelve years.
- We are accredited by the American Montessori Society and the Hawaii Association of Independent Schools.
- We are conveniently located in the residential neighborhood of Makiki, just five minutes from the University of Hawaii and five minutes from downtown Honolulu.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||196 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 72%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by program level and dismissal time. Please refer to our website for tuition information.|
|Admissions Director||Cari Suzuki|
|Admissions Associate||Kathy Shirakawa|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Honolulu Grades: PK-K | 24 students
3140 Waialae Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96816
(808) 735-4875 2.3 PK-K
- Pearl City Grades: NS-6 | 333 students
1840 Komo Mai Drive
Pearl City, HI 96782
(808) 455-4131 10.9 NS-6
- Honolulu Grades: PK-5 | 48 students
872 Mission Ln
Honolulu, HI 96813
(808) 585-0622 1.4 PK-5
- Honolulu Grades: NS | 146 students
1660 S Beretania St
Honolulu, HI 96826
(808) 946-4025 0.7 NS
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.