Montessori Community School
- Montessori Community School (MCS) is an independent, non-sectarian school providing a Montessori education for children ages two through twelve years.
- We are accredited by the American Montessori Society and the Hawaii Association of Independent Schools.
- We are conveniently located in the residential neighborhood of Makiki, just five minutes from the University of Hawaii and five minutes from downtown Honolulu.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||193 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 74%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by program level and dismissal time. Please refer to our website for tuition information.|
|Admissions Director||Cari Suzuki|
|Admissions Associate||Kathy Shirakawa|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Honolulu Grades: PK-K | 24 students
3140 Waialae Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96816
(808)735-4875 2.3 PK-K
- Pearl City Grades: NS-6 | 318 students
1840 Komo Mai Drive
Pearl City, HI 96782
(808)455-4131 10.9 NS-6
- Honolulu Grades: PK-3 | 58 students
872 Mission Ln
Honolulu, HI 96813
(808)585-0622 1.4 PK-3
- Honolulu Grades: NS | 146 students
1660 S Beretania St
Honolulu, HI 96826
(808)946-4025 0.7 NS
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.