Chaminade University Montessori Lab School
- We employ the Montessori Method which emphasizes the development of all facets of a child`s unfolding personality-social, emotional, cognitive, and physical.
- Our child-centered prepared environment contains a wide variety of materials from which a child may choose an activity which supports the development of the whole child.
- The trained Montessori teacher acts as a guide to demonstrate lessons and then encourage children in their exploration, discovery, practice, and success.
- Each achievement opens a new and exciting challenge for the child.
- Our prepared environment is purposefully prepared to provide the child with a variety of diverse ways to develop and grow and become a successful and independent critical thinker and joyful learner.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||all|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$1,500|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||$1500 for 6 week summer program|
|Total Students||24 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 74%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Choice of bottom and school t-shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,000|
|Tuition Notes||$1000 per month, 7:30 am to 3:00 pm Additional $65 per month for 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kalaiku Kaowili|
- Children must be between the ages of 2 years, 9 months and 6 years old. Children must be completely toilet trained before enrolling.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Honolulu Grades: PK-K | 203 students
3300 Ala Laulani St
Honolulu, HI 96818
(808)833-8080 7.9 PK-K
- Honolulu Grades: NS | 146 students
1660 S Beretania St
Honolulu, HI 96826
(808)946-4025 1.8 NS
- Honolulu Grades: PK-K | 24 students
45 Makalapa Dr
Honolulu, HI 96818
(808)422-6833 9.6 PK-K
- Honolulu Grades: NS-6 | 193 students
1239 Nehoa St
Honolulu, HI 96822
(808)522-0244 2.3 NS-6
Nearby Homes for Sale
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.