Chaminade University Montessori Lab School
- We employ the Montessori Method which emphasizes the development of all facets of a child`s unfolding personality-social, emotional, cognitive, and physical.
- Our child-centered prepared environment contains a wide variety of materials from which a child may choose an activity which supports the development of the whole child.
- The trained Montessori teacher acts as a guide to demonstrate lessons and then encourage children in their exploration, discovery, practice, and success.
- Each achievement opens a new and exciting challenge for the child.
- Our prepared environment is purposefully prepared to provide the child with a variety of diverse ways to develop and grow and become a successful and independent critical thinker and joyful learner.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||all|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$1,500|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||$1500 for 6 week summer program|
|Total Students||24 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 74%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Choice of bottom and school t-shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,000|
|Tuition Notes||$1000 per month, 7:30 am to 3:00 pm Additional $65 per month for 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kalaiku Kaowili|
- Children must be between the ages of 2 years, 9 months and 6 years old. Children must be completely toilet trained before enrolling.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Honolulu Grades: PK-K | 203 students
3300 Ala Laulani St
Honolulu, HI 96818
(808)833-8080 7.9 PK-K
- Honolulu Grades: NS | 146 students
1660 S Beretania St
Honolulu, HI 96826
(808)946-4025 1.8 NS
- Honolulu Grades: NS-6 | 193 students
1239 Nehoa St
Honolulu, HI 96822
(808)522-0244 2.3 NS-6
Nearby Homes for Sale
What happens if my child suddenly takes sick before the end of the school year? What if he is expelled? Answers here.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.