Chaminade University Montessori Lab School
Tel: (808) 735-4875
- We employ the Montessori Method which emphasizes the development of all facets of a child`s unfolding personality-social, emotional, cognitive, and physical.
- Our child-centered prepared environment contains a wide variety of materials from which a child may choose an activity which supports the development of the whole child.
- The trained Montessori teacher acts as a guide to demonstrate lessons and then encourage children in their exploration, discovery, practice, and success.
- Each achievement opens a new and exciting challenge for the child.
- Our prepared environment is purposefully prepared to provide the child with a variety of diverse ways to develop and grow and become a successful and independent critical thinker and joyful learner.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||all|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$1,500|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||$1500 for 6 week summer program|
|Total Students||24 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 72%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Choice of bottom and school t-shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,000|
|Tuition Notes||$1000 per month, 7:30 am to 3:00 pm Additional $65 per month for 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kalaiku Kaowili|
- Children must be between the ages of 2 years, 9 months and 6 years old. Children must be completely toilet trained before enrolling.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Honolulu Grades: PK-K | 157 students
3300 Ala Laulani St
Honolulu, HI 96818
(808) 833-8080 7.9 PK-K
- Honolulu Grades: NS | 146 students
1660 S Beretania St
Honolulu, HI 96826
(808) 946-4025 1.8 NS
- Honolulu Grades: PK-K | 24 students
45 Makalapa Dr
Honolulu, HI 96818
(808) 422-6833 9.6 PK-K
- Honolulu Grades: PK-6 | 196 students
1239 Nehoa St
Honolulu, HI 96822
(808) 522-0244 2.3 PK-6
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.