St Philomena Early Learning Center
- Mahalo for considering St. Philomena Early Learning Center as the first educational stepping stone for your child.
- St. Philomena Early Learning Center, a private preschool operated by the St. Philomena Church under the direction of the Catholic School Department of the Diocese of Honolulu, has been in operation since 1978.
- The Center offers a well-rounded academic foundation in a caring and nurturing environment.
- Children as young as 15 months up through kindergarten can enjoy learning through the Montessori based principles offered here.
- You`ll find a low teacher/student ratio in the classrooms and enjoy the flexibility of our year-round schooling.
- We encourage and foster parent involvement in the development of your child to build a strong sense of family and community.
- St. Philomena Early Learning Center offers large play areas, daily hot lunches and snacks, a convenient, secured location and excellent preparation for further private schooling.
- Below you will find our School Application. There is an $85 non-refundable registration fee.
- We invite you to tour our school grounds and observe our classrooms.
- Please call our office at 808-833-8080 to schedule your personal tour or to request more information.
- Tours and classroom observations are scheduled from 8:30am -10:30am. St. Philomena Early Learning Center is always accepting applications for children to become a part of its family.
- We look forward to having your child learn with us.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||203 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 74%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Pre-K and Kindergarted - SPELC t-shirt and khaki pants or shorts.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$990|
|Tuition Notes||Toddler School Day $865 Toddler All Day $990 Pre-Primary School Day $835 Pre-primary All Day $955 Kindergarten School Day $885 Kindergarten All Day $995 School Day 7:30a - 2:30p All Day 7:00a - 6:00p Tuition includes breakfast, hot lunch, and afte|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Associate||Shari Albano|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Keiki Kartwheels (additional monthly fees Pre-Primary and Kindergarten), TumbleBus (included in tuition Toddler)|
- 6:30am - 6:00pm, Monday - Friday
- 15 months - Kindergarten
- Montessori based education
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Honolulu Grades: PK-K | 24 students
3140 Waialae Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96816
(808)735-4875 7.9 PK-K
- Honolulu Grades: NS-PK | 70 students
2062 S King Street
Honolulu, HI 96826
(808)944-2625 6.6 NS-PK
- Honolulu Grades: NS | 146 students
1660 S Beretania St
Honolulu, HI 96826
(808)946-4025 6.1 NS
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.