St. Philomena Early Learning Center
- Mahalo for considering St. Philomena Early Learning Center as the first educational stepping stone for your child.
- St. Philomena Early Learning Center, a private preschool operated by the St. Philomena Church under the direction of the Catholic School Department of the Diocese of Honolulu, has been in operation since 1978.
- The Center offers a well-rounded academic foundation in a caring and nurturing environment.
- Children as young as 15 months up through kindergarten can enjoy learning through the Montessori based principles offered here.
- You`ll find a low teacher/student ratio in the classrooms and enjoy the flexibility of our year-round schooling.
- We encourage and foster parent involvement in the development of your child to build a strong sense of family and community.
- St. Philomena Early Learning Center offers large play areas, daily hot lunches and snacks, a convenient, secured location and excellent preparation for further private schooling.
- Below you will find our School Application. There is an $85 non-refundable registration fee.
- We invite you to tour our school grounds and observe our classrooms.
- Please call our office at 808-833-8080 to schedule your personal tour or to request more information.
- Tours and classroom observations are scheduled from 8:30am -10:30am. St. Philomena Early Learning Center is always accepting applications for children to become a part of its family.
- We look forward to having your child learn with us.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||225 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 61%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||45:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Pre-K and Kindergarted - SPELC t-shirt and khaki pants or shorts.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$990|
|Tuition Notes||Toddler School Day $865 Toddler All Day $990 Pre-Primary School Day $835 Pre-primary All Day $955 Kindergarten School Day $885 Kindergarten All Day $995 School Day 7:30a - 2:30p All Day 7:00a - 6:00p Tuition includes breakfast, hot lunch, and afte|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Associate||Shari Albano|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Keiki Kartwheels (additional monthly fees Pre-Primary and Kindergarten), TumbleBus (included in tuition Toddler)|
- 6:30am - 6:00pm, Monday - Friday
- 15 months - Kindergarten
- Montessori based education
- People that viewed St. Philomena Early Learning Center also viewed these schools: Chaminade University Montessori Lab School-L Robert Allen, Iolani School, Hanahauoli School, St Patrick School and Kaimuki Christian School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- HonoluluGrades: NS-K | 36 students
3140 Waialae Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96816
- HonoluluGrades: K-12 | 1938 students
563 Kamoku St
Honolulu, HI 96826
- HonoluluGrades: PK-6 | 370 students
1922 Makiki St
Honolulu, HI 96822
- HonoluluGrades: PK-8 | 392 students
3320 Harding Ave
Honolulu, HI 96816
- HonoluluGrades: PK-12 | 291 students
1117 Koko Head Ave
Honolulu, HI 96816
Nearby Homes for Sale
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.