St Philomena Early Learning Center
- Mahalo for considering St. Philomena Early Learning Center as the first educational stepping stone for your child.
- St. Philomena Early Learning Center, a private preschool operated by the St. Philomena Church under the direction of the Catholic School Department of the Diocese of Honolulu, has been in operation since 1978.
- The Center offers a well-rounded academic foundation in a caring and nurturing environment.
- Children as young as 15 months up through kindergarten can enjoy learning through the Montessori based principles offered here.
- You`ll find a low teacher/student ratio in the classrooms and enjoy the flexibility of our year-round schooling.
- We encourage and foster parent involvement in the development of your child to build a strong sense of family and community.
- St. Philomena Early Learning Center offers large play areas, daily hot lunches and snacks, a convenient, secured location and excellent preparation for further private schooling.
- Below you will find our School Application. There is an $85 non-refundable registration fee.
- We invite you to tour our school grounds and observe our classrooms.
- Please call our office at 808-833-8080 to schedule your personal tour or to request more information.
- Tours and classroom observations are scheduled from 8:30am -10:30am. St. Philomena Early Learning Center is always accepting applications for children to become a part of its family.
- We look forward to having your child learn with us.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||203 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 74%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Pre-K and Kindergarted - SPELC t-shirt and khaki pants or shorts.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$990|
|Tuition Notes||Toddler School Day $865 Toddler All Day $990 Pre-Primary School Day $835 Pre-primary All Day $955 Kindergarten School Day $885 Kindergarten All Day $995 School Day 7:30a - 2:30p All Day 7:00a - 6:00p Tuition includes breakfast, hot lunch, and afte|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Associate||Shari Albano|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Keiki Kartwheels (additional monthly fees Pre-Primary and Kindergarten), TumbleBus (included in tuition Toddler)|
- 6:30am - 6:00pm, Monday - Friday
- 15 months - Kindergarten
- Montessori based education
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Honolulu Grades: PK-K | 24 students
3140 Waialae Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96816
(808)735-4875 7.9 PK-K
- Honolulu Grades: NS-PK | 70 students
2062 S King Street
Honolulu, HI 96826
(808)944-2625 6.6 NS-PK
- Honolulu Grades: NS | 146 students
1660 S Beretania St
Honolulu, HI 96826
(808)946-4025 6.1 NS
Nearby Homes for Sale
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.