St Philomena Early Learning Center
Tel: (808) 833-8080
- Mahalo for considering St. Philomena Early Learning Center as the first educational stepping stone for your child.
- St. Philomena Early Learning Center, a private preschool operated by the St. Philomena Church under the direction of the Catholic School Department of the Diocese of Honolulu, has been in operation since 1978.
- The Center offers a well-rounded academic foundation in a caring and nurturing environment.
- Children as young as 15 months up through kindergarten can enjoy learning through the Montessori based principles offered here.
- You`ll find a low teacher/student ratio in the classrooms and enjoy the flexibility of our year-round schooling.
- We encourage and foster parent involvement in the development of your child to build a strong sense of family and community.
- St. Philomena Early Learning Center offers large play areas, daily hot lunches and snacks, a convenient, secured location and excellent preparation for further private schooling.
- Below you will find our School Application. There is an $85 non-refundable registration fee.
- We invite you to tour our school grounds and observe our classrooms.
- Please call our office at 808-833-8080 to schedule your personal tour or to request more information.
- Tours and classroom observations are scheduled from 8:30am -10:30am. St. Philomena Early Learning Center is always accepting applications for children to become a part of its family.
- We look forward to having your child learn with us.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||157 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 72%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Pre-K and Kindergarted - SPELC t-shirt and khaki pants or shorts.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$990|
|Tuition Notes||Toddler School Day $865 Toddler All Day $990 Pre-Primary School Day $835 Pre-primary All Day $955 Kindergarten School Day $885 Kindergarten All Day $995 School Day 7:30a - 2:30p All Day 7:00a - 6:00p Tuition includes breakfast, hot lunch, and afte|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Associate||Shari Albano|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Keiki Kartwheels (additional monthly fees Pre-Primary and Kindergarten), TumbleBus (included in tuition Toddler)|
- 6:30am - 6:00pm, Monday - Friday
- 15 months - Kindergarten
- Montessori based education
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Honolulu Grades: PK-K | 24 students
3140 Waialae Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96816
(808) 735-4875 7.9 PK-K
- Honolulu Grades: NS-PK | 70 students
2062 S King Street
Honolulu, HI 96826
(808) 944-2625 6.6 NS-PK
- Honolulu Grades: NS | 146 students
1660 S Beretania St
Honolulu, HI 96826
(808) 946-4025 6.1 NS
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?