Navy Hale Keiki School
Tel: (808) 423-1727
- Navy Hale Keiki (House of Children) School was organized and established in 1946 as a nonprofit organization.
- Over the years, it has served the military community as a nursery school, preschool and, since 1967, an early childhood program for students three years old in preschool and continuing on through Grade Five.
- The school`s vision is to facilitate high academic and social standards while incorporating opportunities for cultural and technological awareness.
- Such opportunities will allow children to discover and develop personal areas of strength and interest in achieving their full growth potentials.
- This vision includes implementing ways to enrich student learning appropriate to each student`s unique social, emotional, physical, and instructional needs.
- To facilitate this vision, the school community provides for continuing staff training, facilities, and resources.
- Navy Hale Keiki School believes that children are able to reach their potential when provided with a strong foundation in fundamentals.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dsylexia/Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||216 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 72%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit nhks.org Go to the Admissions page, view Tuition & Fees.|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Little Vet's Class, Patriot's club, Robatics
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Amazing Athletes, Golf Lessons, Swim Lessons (off campus-transportation to lessons)
- When your child applies for admission to Navy Hale Keiki School, you connect to a very special community. NHKS is a place where patriotism, values, collaboration and creativity, physical education and arts, and hands-on-classroom instruction are the building blocks for the future of your child`s mind, body, and spirit. We want every child to feel the love and embrace of an educational community dedicated to military dependents and local children in the community we live and play. Each day we begin instruction as a group through recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance and cheerful chorus of the National Anthem. Our children progress through a collaborative educational program. Teachers, Preschool through Fifth Grade, work together to create a seamless program incorporating math, science, spelling, and language to coincide with everyday curriculum and advancement through each grade. We realize a private education at Navy Hale Keiki School is an investment (not just of money but also of time, energy, and caring). Through the generosity of grants and our own parents, we do everything we can to help make a NHKS education accessible and affordable. Beginning in 2010, students can apply and receive need-based financial aid after the application process.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Honolulu Grades: K-12 | 3751 students
1601 Punahou Street
Honolulu, HI 96822
(808) 944-5711 6.9 K-12
- Honolulu Grades: K-12 | 1999 students
563 Kamoku St
Honolulu, HI 96826
(808) 949-5355 8 K-12
- Honolulu Grades: K-12 | 3186 students
1887 Makuakane St
Honolulu, HI 96817
(808) 842-8211 3.7 K-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.