Kamehameha Schools Kapalama Campus
- Kamehameha Schools' mission is to fulfill Pauahi's desire to create educational opportunities in perpetuity to improve the capability and well-being of people of Hawaiian ancestry.
- Kamehameha Schools is a dynamic and nurturing learning community committed to educational excellence.
- We assist people of Hawaiian ancestry to achieve their highest potential as “good and industrious men and women.” We do so by contributing to their development as people who are: grounded in spiritual and Christian values; intellectually, emotionally, and socially self-reliant; resourceful, resilient, life-long learners; equipped with the skills they need to succeed in endeavors of their choosing; responsible, ethical, contributing members of their multi-cultural and diverse communities, and prepared to practice and perpetuate the Hawaiian values and traditions of Ke Ali‘i Pauahi.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||3176 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 74%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||239 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Honolulu Grades: K-12 | 1999 students
563 Kamoku St
Honolulu, HI 96826
(808)949-5355 4.5 K-12
- Honolulu Grades: K-12 | 3751 students
1601 Punahou Street
Honolulu, HI 96822
(808)944-5711 3.3 K-12
- Honolulu Grades: 9-12 | 85 students
913 Alewa Dr
Honolulu, HI 96817
(808)595-6359 0.9 9-12
- Pearl City Grades: PK-8 | 219 students
1530 Hoolana St
Pearl City, HI 96782
(808)455-4533 7.8 PK-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.