St Michael School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (808) 637-7772
- We, the faith community of Saint Michael's School, inspired by the Spirit of Christ participate in the mission of the church in proclaiming Jesus Christ and in building God's kingdom.
- We commit ourselves to a true education which seeks the total development of the individual; spiritually, intellectually, socially, morally, and physically.
- St. Michael's is entrusted with the profound purpose of building a community of faith, in the spirit of Christ.
- With parents as primary educators, we encourage each student to grow closer to Jesus Christ through the development of his/her full potential.
- The school provides an environment of respect and human dignity, justice, and love of God and neighbor.
- We strive to guide each student toward a positive self-concept and incorporate the total development of each student spiritually, intellectually, psychologically, socially, culturally, and physically.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||96 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 72%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Waipahu Grades: PK-8 | 313 students
94-651 Farrington Highway
Waipahu, HI 96797
(808) 677-4475 14.6 PK-8
- Aiea Grades: K-8 | 174 students
99-310 Moanalua Rd
Aiea, HI 96701
(808) 488-5322 19.5 K-8
- Honolulu Grades: 6-12 | 669 students
1401 Houghtailing Street
Honolulu, HI 96817
(808) 841-0195 23.2 6-12
- Honolulu Grades: NS-8 | 356 students
830 Main St
Honolulu, HI 96818
(808) 423-9611 20.2 NS-8
We are a military family and enjoyed five years at St. Michael School. Our three children were not behind when returning to the mainland. This is a sweet school and we miss it.
- Posted by Parent - O'Neal Family
St. Michael School is the Best Kept Secret on the North Shore! My brother and I are alumni and attended SMS since Kindergarten. The education my brother and I received from SMS helped us prepare for high school and ultimately college where we both earned degrees. My brother and I are the first in our family to receive college degrees.My daughter has been a student there since preschool and is currently in middle school. Every teacher she has had since preschool are all amazing! She thrives in this close knit school that provides a faith based learning environment.When you are on campus, the feeling you receive on campus is OHANA. The students are well behaved and work well together, the teachers and staff are professional, the parents and extended families are great and there is strong support from the community and church for St. Michael School. If you want to invest in a quality education for your children, this is the place for you! It provides a safe and caring environment with an excellent teacher to student ratio.
- Posted by Parent - Grace
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?