- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 90 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Acorn School is a special school in the Seacoast area of New Hampshire, where young children develop and learn together in an atmosphere that is consistent, encouraging, and cheerful. Founded in 1972, this non-profit, play-based preschool and kindergarten is located in Stratham, NH in beautiful and natural surroundings. Pre-K and kindergarten programs are offered for children ages three through six. As a school for childhood, we recognize that this time is a short but significant period in life when trust, curiosity, and emotion are spontaneous and expressed with exuberance and confidence. At Acorn, as much time and emphasis is placed on your child's social, emotional, and physical development as on his/her intellectual development. The curriculum and warm, friendly environment stimulate and challenge all aspects of your child as s/he becomes involved in learning. The whole child is considered and planned for in our everyday interactions. When your child is comfortable, self-confident, and developmentally ready, s/he is able to perform and succeed to his/her potential.
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are Acorn School often compared to?
When is the application deadline for Acorn School?
Endorse Acorn School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards