Tel: (603) 778-8285
- Acorn School is a special school in the Seacoast area of New Hampshire, where young children develop and learn together in an atmosphere that is consistent, encouraging, and cheerful.
- Founded in 1972, this non-profit, play-based preschool and kindergarten is located in Stratham, NH in beautiful and natural surroundings.
- Pre-K and kindergarten programs are offered for children ages three through six.
- As a school for childhood, we recognize that this time is a short but significant period in life when trust, curiosity, and emotion are spontaneous and expressed with exuberance and confidence.
- At Acorn, as much time and emphasis is placed on your child's social, emotional, and physical development as on his/her intellectual development.
- The curriculum and warm, friendly environment stimulate and challenge all aspects of your child as s/he becomes involved in learning.
- The whole child is considered and planned for in our everyday interactions.
- When your child is comfortable, self-confident, and developmentally ready, s/he is able to perform and succeed to his/her potential.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||105 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newfields Grades: PK-K | 52 students
171 Exeter Rd
Newfields, NH 03856
(603) 772-3811 2.5 PK-K
- Newmarket Grades: PK-K | 68 students
3 Simons Ln
Newmarket, NH 03857
(603) 659-5006 3.2 PK-K
- Exeter Grades: PK-K | 70 students
15 Hampton Rd
Exeter, NH 03833
(603) 772-9995 5.2 PK-K
- Newfields Grades: PK-K | 41 students
307 Epping Road
Newfields, NH 03856
(603) 772-5558 5.2 PK-K
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.