Acton Academy Bethel CT
- In a world where most schools have mission statements about preparation for a future that is unclear, the Acton Academy promise is shockingly bold and full of agency. The promise is that through Socratic dialogue and experiential learning, each member of the Acton community will begin a Hero`s journey; discover precious gifts and a commitment to mastery; become curious, independent lifelong learners; embrace the foraging of a strong character; cherish the arts, the physical world, and the mysteries of life; and treasure economic, political, and religious freedom.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,300|
- The Acton model draws inspiration from Joseph Campbells` theory of the `Hero`s Journey` which describes an archetypal series of adventures that every human yearns to experience. It describes daily life at Acton where learners prepare for challenges, opportunities, and adventures of the real world. The model relies heavily on self-directed learning with a tremendous amount of peer feedback. Teaching by lecturing or issuing instruction is not allowed. At Acton Academy, Bethel CT, we currently support 1st through 8th grade students in discovering and growing their unique strengths--because the world needs them! We are located in the Educational facility of Workspace Education in the Clarke Business Park in Bethel CT. Please visit our website at Actonbethelct.org to find out more and schedule a tour!
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bethel Grades: PK-8 | 197 students
24 Dodgingtown Rd
Bethel, CT 06801
(203) 744-2922 2.2 PK-8
- Danbury Grades: PK-8 | 139 students
44a Shelter Rock Rd
Danbury, CT 06810
(203) 744-8088 2.5 PK-8
- Danbury Grades: NS-8 | 147 students
98 Main St
Danbury, CT 06810
(203) 748-2895 2.9 NS-8
- Danbury Grades: PK-8 | 101 students
18 Clapboard Ridge Rd
Danbury, CT 06811
(203) 748-7823 3.2 PK-8
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?