Acton Academy Bethel CT
In a world where most schools have mission statements about preparation for a future that is unclear, the Acton Academy promise is shockingly bold and full of agency. The promise is that through Socratic dialogue and experiential learning, each member of the Acton community will begin a Hero`s journey; discover precious gifts and a commitment to mastery; become curious, independent lifelong learners; embrace the foraging of a strong character; cherish the arts, the physical world, and the mysteries of life; and treasure economic, political, and religious freedom.
- School Type: Alternative School
- Grades: 1-8
- Yearly Tuition: $10,300
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
- The Acton model draws inspiration from Joseph Campbells` theory of the `Hero`s Journey` which describes an archetypal series of adventures that every human yearns to experience. It describes daily life at Acton where learners prepare for challenges, opportunities, and adventures of the real world. The model relies heavily on self-directed learning with a tremendous amount of peer feedback. Teaching by lecturing or issuing instruction is not allowed. At Acton Academy, Bethel CT, we currently support 1st through 8th grade students in discovering and growing their unique strengths--because the world needs them! We are located in the Educational facility of Workspace Education in the Clarke Business Park in Bethel CT. Please visit our website at Actonbethelct.org to find out more and schedule a tour!
Endorse Acton Academy Bethel CT. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
2020-21 Best SSAT Prep Courses Reviewed
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.