Immaculate High School
5.00 (10 reviews)
Tel: (203) 744-1510
- Immaculate High School is ranked in the top third of all high schools and among the top ten Catholic schools in the State of Connecticut (Niche.com), and has the highest SAT scores in the Diocese of Bridgeport.
- Immaculate High School provides a three-times return on investment -- graduates received $27 million in total college scholarships, grants and merit awards in 2019, and 100% of graduates went on to post-secondary education. Enrollment at Immacualte High School has steadily increased in the last five years, and we are currently educating nearly 500 students.
- Part of our success in growing and thriving is the known success of our graduates, our continued advancement in STEM and other academic programs, our respect by the community, knowledge that we are an affordable private school option and our reputation for an outstanding college-preparatory education.
- Students come from parochial, public, independent and home schools from 15 communities in CT and NY.
- Scholarships are available. Go to www.immaculatehs.org for more information.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Varied|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Fees vary by class|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||485 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||33 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art, Biology, Early College Courses in English, Math, Science, English, History, Math, Physics, Statistics, Technology, World Languages|
|Average SAT score||1162|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 23|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,250|
|Tuition Notes||E-books/class fee, technology laptop fee, uniforms and other fees also apply.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Tom Burns|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||39 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Animation Club, Baking Club, Brain Trust Club, Cyber Patriots, Debate Club, Drama Club, Finance and Investment Club, Habitat for Humanity, History Quiz Bowl, International Club, Key Club, Latin Club, Literary Magazine, Math League, Midnight Run Ministry, Mock Trial, Model UN, Morning Glory, National Honor Society, Newspaper Club, Peer Leadership, Photography Club, Rosary Club, SADD, Science Club, She's The First, Sign Language Club, Ski Club, Student Ambassadors, Student Council, The Stable, Tri-M Music Honor Society
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Chorus, Concert Band, Concert Choir, Guitar Ensemble, Musical Theater, Rock Band
- Immaculate High School offers all students the chance to explore personal, spiritual and academic opportunities and fulfill their greatest potential. Immaculate High School provides a highly successful college prepatory academic program, leadership-building activities, award-winning athletics and arts (graphics arts, fine arts, theater, music) programs, over 44 extra-curricular activies and clubs, and an emphasis on community service and faith in a Catholic school setting.
- The faculty of Immaculate encourages students to master analytical and critical thinking skills, develop empathy and creativity, cultivate effective communication skills and discover and develop their interests. They are committed to encouraging their students to practice their faith and serve their communities. Most of all, they want and encourage their students to succeed and be well-prepared for their futures. Student-to-Faculty ratio is 13:1. Go to www.immaculatehs.org to see for yourself all that Immaculate High School offers.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fairfield Grades: 9-12 | 826 students
1073 N Benson Rd
Fairfield, CT 06824
(203) 254-4200 18.3 9-12
- Danbury Grades: NS-12 | 350 students
91 Miry Brook Rd
Danbury, CT 06810
(203) 830-3916 2.3 NS-12
- New Milford Grades: 9-12 | 328 students
New Milford, CT 06776
(860) 210-3800 14.3 9-12
- Fairfield Grades: 9-12 | 523 students
220 Jefferson St
Fairfield, CT 06825
(203) 372-6521 15.2 9-12
Immaculate is a wonderful place to go to school. Students are received an excellent academic education and spiritual formation during their 4 years at IHS. I was blessed to be a student there and now I am blessed to be a teacher there. The Immaculate Family is truly special. I believe Immaculate is a phenomenal place for students to learn and to thrive.
- Posted by Teacher - Josh
Both myself, my sister and my husband graduated from IHS in the early and late 80s. The education we received from there was a huge stepping stone for college. I also played basketball and softball for the Mustangs and made many lasting friendships. The faculty was engaged and supportive in any way they could. We will be considering Immaculate for our son in the future for sure!! Once a Mustang, always a Mustang!!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Rotunda
As an alumnus, I have found myself drawn back to their school after almost 50 years. My experience at Immaculate afforded me great success in qualifying for higher education. The education provided here goes way beyond classroom studies. It is the perfect environment for created a well-rounded individual. Their athletic programs are unmatched and their arts programs are world class. The school has received the highest awards in both areas every year for many years. The religious programs guide students to mature in their faith and prepare them to enter adulthood as moral, responsible individuals. My education at Immaculate has been with me through my entire life and I am currently retired. I am gratefully involved with the Alumni Association even after all these years. For me, it is still home. If you are considering a private education, you would be doing yourself a big disfavor if they do not take the time to investigate Immaculate. The women and men who lead this school are the best in the business!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Greg Horan
Immaculate High School provided my children with an excellent academic foundation, including honors and AP opportunities. IHS helped them to develop leadership skills and also encouraged service opportunities beyond the standard HS requirement. At Immaculate, my children participated in a variety of enrichment activities including, sports, musical theater, and mock trial, to name a few. Because of the smaller environment, they developed close relationships with their teachers. As parents, we feel blessed that they had such a well rounded high school experience, one that prepared them to excel in college and beyond.
- Posted by Parent - LLG
Considering sending your child to Immaculate High School? A decision you will never regret. As a family, we are completely impressed with all the offerings that the school has, but most importantly the warmth of the school community. My oldest daughter is a graduate of the class of 2020 and we could not be more proud of all of her accomplishments during her four years at IHS. She has grown in knowledge, faith, kindness, and matured into a wonderful young lady. This year our youngest daughter will be entering as a freshman and we look forward to her growth with Immaculate over the next four years. We are certain that she will be confidently prepared for her future college career plans just like her sister. Though she has not officially started, she is already being embraced by the students and staff reaching out to her personally and welcoming her. She already has a sense of belonging and extended family. We are completely satisfied with IHS and are certain you will be too.
- Posted by Parent - Beverly
Great school gave me a lot of opportunities to succeed and helped me grow as an individual. A lot of diversity and fun built into learning teachers were very engaged and looked forward to teaching.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Harrison
I loved this school from the moment I started my freshmen year. It offered many opportunities, as well as a fresh start, given that a lot of us were coming from different places. However, the moment I started my Sophomore year, it had become extremely clicky (and limited) as to who fit where. In a school that encourages a sense of belonging, and a warm atmosphere, I found this rather strange. I came from a school that wasn't much larger, but found a tremendous difference in the sense that everything got around to everyone. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed my high school experience at Immaculate High School, but I also feel as though it is not for everyone.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - N/A
Immaculate High School was a great school for me in the '80's and is the perfect school for my children today. I currently have a junior and a freshman. They love their school, their teachers and the friends they have made. It is such a welcoming atmosphere. The academics are top-notch and the school is constantly evolving to meet the needs of the 21st century. Teachers truly care about each student. The school size is PERFECT! At close to 500 students, it is large enough to offer many course, athletics, arts and service opportunities, yet small enough to feel like a close-knit community where you are never just a number. The best part is that my children are not only growing academically, but are also encouraged to live lives of character, where the school's motto of "Reverence, Respect and Responsibility" are a part of everything they do.
- Posted by Parent - Denise
I have two daughters, Class of 2014 and Class of 2018. I love this school! Great academics, lots of extra-curricular options, but most of all a truly caring community. The motto is Respect, Reverence, Responsibility and you can see it in the interactions between students, faculty and visitors to the school. My daughter who has graduated feels that she was extremely well prepared for college.
- Posted by Parent - Theresa
Stimulating, safe environment. Students are genuinely engaged in all areas of discipline : academically, spiritually, physically.
- Posted by Parent - meb11
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.