Immaculate High School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Immaculate High School is ranked in the top third of all high schools and among the top ten Catholic schools in the State of Connecticut (Niche.com), and has the highest SAT scores in the Diocese of Bridgeport.
- Immaculate High School provides a three-times return on investment -- graduates received $27 million in total college scholarships, grants and merit awards in 2019, and 100% of graduates went on to post-secondary education. Enrollment at Immacualte High School has steadily increased in the last five years, and we are currently educating nearly 500 students.
- Part of our success in growing and thriving is the known success of our graduates, our continued advancement in STEM and other academic programs, our respect by the community, knowledge that we are an affordable private school option and our reputation for an outstanding college-preparatory education.
- Students come from parochial, public, independent and home schools from 15 communities in CT and NY.
- Scholarships are available. Go to www.immaculatehs.org for more information.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Varied|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Fees vary by class|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||485 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||33 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art, Biology, Early College Courses in English, Math, Science, English, History, Math, Physics, Statistics, Technology, World Languages|
|Average SAT score||1162|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 23|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,250|
|Tuition Notes||E-books/class fee, technology laptop fee, uniforms and other fees also apply.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Tom Burns|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||39 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Animation Club, Baking Club, Brain Trust Club, Cyber Patriots, Debate Club, Drama Club, Finance and Investment Club, Habitat for Humanity, History Quiz Bowl, International Club, Key Club, Latin Club, Literary Magazine, Math League, Midnight Run Ministry, Mock Trial, Model UN, Morning Glory, National Honor Society, Newspaper Club, Peer Leadership, Photography Club, Rosary Club, SADD, Science Club, She's The First, Sign Language Club, Ski Club, Student Ambassadors, Student Council, The Stable, Tri-M Music Honor Society
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Chorus, Concert Band, Concert Choir, Guitar Ensemble, Musical Theater, Rock Band
- Immaculate High School offers all students the chance to explore personal, spiritual and academic opportunities and fulfill their greatest potential. Immaculate High School provides a highly successful college prepatory academic program, leadership-building activities, award-winning athletics and arts (graphics arts, fine arts, theater, music) programs, over 44 extra-curricular activies and clubs, and an emphasis on community service and faith in a Catholic school setting.
- The faculty of Immaculate encourages students to master analytical and critical thinking skills, develop empathy and creativity, cultivate effective communication skills and discover and develop their interests. They are committed to encouraging their students to practice their faith and serve their communities. Most of all, they want and encourage their students to succeed and be well-prepared for their futures. Student-to-Faculty ratio is 13:1. Go to www.immaculatehs.org to see for yourself all that Immaculate High School offers.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fairfield Grades: 9-12 | 900 students
1073 N Benson Rd
Fairfield, CT 06824
(203)254-4200 18.3 9-12
- Danbury Grades: NS-12 | 350 students
91 Miry Brook Rd
Danbury, CT 06810
(203)830-3916 2.3 NS-12
- New Milford Grades: 9-12 | 328 students
New Milford, CT 06776
(860)210-3800 14.3 9-12
- Fairfield Grades: 9-12 | 495 students
220 Jefferson St
Fairfield, CT 06825
(203)372-6521 15.2 9-12
Immaculate High School was a great school for me in the '80's and is the perfect school for my children today. I currently have a junior and a freshman. They love their school, their teachers and the friends they have made. It is such a welcoming atmosphere. The academics are top-notch and the school is constantly evolving to meet the needs of the 21st century. Teachers truly care about each student. The school size is PERFECT! At close to 500 students, it is large enough to offer many course, athletics, arts and service opportunities, yet small enough to feel like a close-knit community where you are never just a number. The best part is that my children are not only growing academically, but are also encouraged to live lives of character, where the school's motto of "Reverence, Respect and Responsibility" are a part of everything they do.
- Posted by Parent - Denise
I have two daughters, Class of 2014 and Class of 2018. I love this school! Great academics, lots of extra-curricular options, but most of all a truly caring community. The motto is Respect, Reverence, Responsibility and you can see it in the interactions between students, faculty and visitors to the school. My daughter who has graduated feels that she was extremely well prepared for college.
- Posted by Parent - Theresa
Stimulating, safe environment. Students are genuinely engaged in all areas of discipline : academically, spiritually, physically.
- Posted by Parent - meb11
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.
Strategic planning is a disciplined effort to produce fundamental decisions and actions that shape and guide what an organization is, what it does, and why it does it, with a focus on the future.
Getting your child into a competitive school is a tough assignment. Don't let the many challenges overwhelm you. There is a simple solution.