St. Joseph High School
5.00 (1 review)
- Saint Joseph High School is a four year, coeducational, college preparatory school established in 1962 by the Catholic Church in the Diocese of Bridgeport.
- Saint Joseph High School strives to be the premier college preparatory school in Southern Connecticut.
- The school provides a learning environment that embraces the Gospel values of the Roman Catholic faith and promotes a commitment to family and community.
- The school prepares our young women and young men to realize their potential, helps them excel in higher education and provides a foundation to guide them throughout their lives.
- We are to develop educated and creative thinkers who exhibit superior intellectual and communication skills.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Catholic Education Association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||mild learning differences|
|Total Students||815 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||74 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(uniform shirts, slacks and polos)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,300|
|Tuition Notes||inclusive of textbooks|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
|Admissions Director||Margaret Kuhar Marino \'71|
|Admissions Associate||Angela DeStefano|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Field Hockey, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- St. Joseph High School does offer students the option of taking virtual courses that are not currently offered at the high school. These courses can range in area of study to provide a different areas of study for the student to explore.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- FairfieldGrades: 9-12 | 483 students
220 Jefferson St
Fairfield, CT 06825
- Greens FarmsGrades: PK-12 | 657 students
35 Beachside Avenue
Greens Farms, CT 06838
- FairfieldGrades: 9-12 | 904 students
1073 N Benson Rd
Fairfield, CT 06824
- EastonGrades: PK-12 | 222 students
660 Morehouse Road
Easton, CT 06612
- DanburyGrades: 9-12 | 495 students
73 Southern Blvd
Danbury, CT 06810
A great environment with fantastic teachers & support staff. Simply an outstanding high school!
- Posted by Parent - rlaon
January 23, 2018
What is private school really like? Is there any truth to the rumors you keep hearing? Let's find out.
January 23, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 23, 2018
Keep yourself on track as you work through the private school admissions process.