St Joseph High School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Saint Joseph High School is a four year, coeducational, college preparatory school established in 1962 by the Catholic Church in the Diocese of Bridgeport.
- Saint Joseph High School strives to be the premier college preparatory school in Southern Connecticut.
- The school provides a learning environment that embraces the Gospel values of the Roman Catholic faith and promotes a commitment to family and community.
- The school prepares our young women and young men to realize their potential, helps them excel in higher education and provides a foundation to guide them throughout their lives.
- We are to develop educated and creative thinkers who exhibit superior intellectual and communication skills.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Catholic Education Association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||mild learning differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||794 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||92 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(uniform shirts, slacks and polos)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,300|
|Tuition Notes||inclusive of textbooks|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
|Admissions Director||Margaret Kuhar Marino \'71|
|Admissions Associate||Angela DeStefano|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Field Hockey, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- St. Joseph High School does offer students the option of taking virtual courses that are not currently offered at the high school. These courses can range in area of study to provide a different areas of study for the student to explore.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fairfield Grades: 9-12 | 495 students
220 Jefferson St
Fairfield, CT 06825
(203)372-6521 4.9 9-12
- Greens Farms Grades: PK-12 | 713 students
35 Beachside Avenue
Greens Farms, CT 06838
(203)256-7501 12.5 PK-12
- Fairfield Grades: 9-12 | 900 students
1073 N Benson Rd
Fairfield, CT 06824
(203)254-4200 8.3 9-12
Fantastic school where academic excellence is expected. My son loves this school and all it has to offer from many honors and AP courses to great athletics. A caring and involved staff round out his educational experience. Best decision we ever made!
- Posted by Parent - JBS
A great environment with fantastic teachers & support staff. Simply an outstanding high school!
- Posted by Parent - rlaon
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.