Fairfield College Preparatory
- Fairfield College Preparatory School is by tradition and choice a Jesuit, Catholic high school of excellence.
- The mission of Fairfield Prep is to offer its students the finest preparation for college; to inspire in its students a lifelong love of learning; to invite each student to deepen his relationship with God; to encourage each student's social, cultural and physical development; and to challenge its students to become leaders, living as men of conscience, compassion and action.
- Fairfield Prep strives to accomplish this mission by demonstrating personal care and concern for all of its students and by celebrating their unique gifts and diversity.
- In turn, students are expected to become responsible participants in the Prep community and beyond and are encouraged to use their talents in the service of others, especially to those in need.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Jesuit Secondary Education Association (JSEA)|
National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||900 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fairfield Grades: 9-12 | 495 students
220 Jefferson St
Fairfield, CT 06825
(203)372-6521 4.3 9-12
- Stamford Grades: PK-12 | 695 students
1450 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
(203)322-3496 14.9 PK-12
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.