Fairfield College Preparatory
- Fairfield College Preparatory School is by tradition and choice a Jesuit, Catholic high school of excellence.
- The mission of Fairfield Prep is to offer its students the finest preparation for college; to inspire in its students a lifelong love of learning; to invite each student to deepen his relationship with God; to encourage each student's social, cultural and physical development; and to challenge its students to become leaders, living as men of conscience, compassion and action.
- Fairfield Prep strives to accomplish this mission by demonstrating personal care and concern for all of its students and by celebrating their unique gifts and diversity.
- In turn, students are expected to become responsible participants in the Prep community and beyond and are encouraged to use their talents in the service of others, especially to those in need.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Jesuit Secondary Education Association (JSEA)|
National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||900 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fairfield Grades: 9-12 | 495 students
220 Jefferson St
Fairfield, CT 06825
(203)372-6521 4.3 9-12
As you begin to evaluate schools, keep these five basic questions in mind.
The Cristo Rey Network of schools currently comprises some 26 schools in 17 states and the District of Columbia. Truth is they are just getting started.
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.