Great Beginnings Montessori School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Great Beginings Montessori School serves children 21 months to 9 years old.
- Great Beginnings Montessori's mission is developing the potential of the whole child: the spirit, the body and the mind.
- Great Beginnings Montessori School is a nurturing environment of educators and families which aims to support, through the prepared Montessori environment, the development of each child's potential through activities that promote independence, physical coordination, emotional growth, social competence, cognitive preparation, academic excellence and spiritual nourishment.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-4|
|Total Students||83 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition depends upon program enrolled in.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
|Admissions Director||Dana Kane|
|Admissions Associate||Kate Croarkin|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Elementary Chess Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Coding Class, Music Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Great Beginnings Montessori's mission is developing the potential of the whole child: the spirit, the body and the mind. Great Beginnings Montessori School is a nurturing environment of educators and families which aims to support through the prepared Montessori environment the development of each child's potential through activities that promote independence, physical coordination, emotional growth, social competence, cognitive preparation, academic excellence and spiritual nourishment.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Greenwich Grades: PK-9 | 864 students
401 Old Church Rd
Greenwich, CT 06830
(203)863-5600 21.3 PK-9
My son wasn't a social kid and we have heard so many good things about Montessori overall. When he finished the primary and started public school, he was a totally different person. He still needs a bit warm up but has no problem to fit/participate in a group setting. He loves to learn and his math is far ahead of the public school standard. He learned many practical life skills in school. His reading is not at the level we like to see but I think we parents should take some responsibilities on reading too. Again, Montessori is not about core but to strengthen what they are good at and interested in.The administrators (Mrs. Cindy Burnim and Mrs. Kate Croarkin), staff and teachers are wonderful, caring and flexible which really helped working parents. You can truly feel that they care about your kids' well beings in every way. I am glad my son went to their primary program and they have planted a seed that would help his future learning and not be afraid of challenges.
- Posted by Parent - Janice H
GBMS provides an amazing atmosphere for learning. The teachers are seasoned professionals - warm, nurturing, academically focused. My son (alum) developed a strong sense of self and purpose through his work in the primary program; with his Montessori foundation, he is a confident, kind, well-adjusted student in the public school system. My daughter (current student) can't wait to go to her classroom every day - so much gratifying work to be done! The school community is diverse and supportive - a very special place indeed!
- Posted by Parent - LDTG
Both my girls have received a wonderful education from Great Beginnings Montessori School. The Director and Teachers stay true to the Montessori method and have instilled a love of learning and a respect for the world. What a wonderful place!
- Posted by Parent - GBMSparent
Nearby Homes for Sale
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.