5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (203) 226-1891
- Pierrepont School is a small, independent, co-educational elementary and high school based in westport,connecticut.
- Founded in 1999, the school moved into its current building on Sylvan Road in the fall of 2002.
- The school enrolls students from kindergarten through high school ages.
- Pierrepont seeks students who are academically motivated and engaged and who can participate successfully in a demanding curriculum.
- Chronological age serves as a tentative guide for placement that is answerable to the variegations in academic skills, needs and maturity among children.
- The schedule allows for individualized placement as students are departmentalized from the earliest ages.
- As a result, even the youngest students have classes with teachers who are specialists in their disciplines, although they also spend significant time in a homeroom under the care of a master teacher and an associate teacher.
Pierrepont School places among the top 20% of private schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||117 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Greens Farms Grades: PK-12 | 713 students
35 Beachside Avenue
Greens Farms, CT 06838
(203) 256-7501 3.2 PK-12
- Danbury Grades: NS-12 | 350 students
91 Miry Brook Rd
Danbury, CT 06810
(203) 830-3916 17.3 NS-12
I very much agree with the review above. I have two children at the school and both are blossoming while getting an wonderful education - top-notch academics (classic liberal arts), plus great arts. I''m very impressed by the graduates I''ve been exposed to over the years.
- Posted by Parent - cwkra
An extraordinary, somewhat quirky school for gifted and super-gifted kids. Pierrepont has an unusual classical curriculum, staff who are expert in their fields and who teach at the grad school level - even for kindergardeners. No Xmas pageant, lip synch talent shows, nutcracker ballets, PTO, teaching to the test, meaningless homework, organized athletics, teachers union or education majors trying to teach algebra. Yes african dance, greek, latin, manderin, ancient history, classics, art by an artist, dance by a coreographer and science by a scientist. Results = world class achievement, almost every graduate has gotten into the first choice, first tier college. Pierrepont is education without the bake sale or cheerleading squad.
- Posted by Parent - willi
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.