Acton Academy Mesilla Valley
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (575) 449-4796
Acton Academy Mesilla Valley Photo #2 - Welcome to the 21st Century "one room school house". Combined ages create a family like learning environment where Eagles are challenged to learn to lead and work in teams.
Acton Academy Mesilla Valley Photo #3 - Outdoor time includes working in the organic garden and tending the chickens.
Acton Academy Mesilla Valley Photo #4 - "I am so grateful and amazed at Acton Academy! Acton has truly become a place where my children are thriving and loving learning. They love school again and have the ability to explore while learning. Acton Las Cruces has truly been life changing for us." Piper G
Acton Academy Mesilla Valley Photo #5 - "Belonging is being accepted for you. Fitting in is being accepted for being like everyone else. If I get to be me, I belong. If I have to be like you, I fit in." Brenee Brown We are creating a culture of belonging at Acton Academy.
- Your child is destined to be a world-changer. Acton Academy helps K-12th grade students discover and grow their unique strengths because the world needs them.
Acton Academy Mesilla Valley places among the top 20% of private schools in New Mexico for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||80 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 31 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,500|
|Tuition Notes||Registration fee of $350 is due upon signing.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Anna Emerick-Biad|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, TennisBasketball, Flag Football,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
- 01. Acton Academy uses the latest technology in a self-paced learning environment that is designed to foster responsibility, goal-setting, and teamwork. Acton students are empowered to thrive in a world that needs independent, motivated thinkers and learners. 02. We believe children learn best by doing. Whether it`s launching a startup business, creating a tidepool habitat, playing a musical instrument, painting a mosaic, or programming a robot, Acton students are building real-life skills in the classroom every day.
- 03. We believe the learning experience is much richer when the teacher ("Guide") offers insightful questions and facilitates hands on learning. Guides use the Socratic method, always responding to students` questions with new questions. This exchange hones students` critical thinking skills.
- 04. Acton Academy is "student led." This means young people take ownership of their education and peer relationships. Acton students learn to think independently, take responsibility and embrace challenge. They are being prepared to bring their own unique genius to the world.
- 05. We believe in the power of apprenticeships. Beginning in middle school, our students obtain summer internships in a field they are passionate about. Acton students have interned with doctors, entrepreneur bakers, plumbers, attorneys and graphic designers. What will your child choose?
- 06. We encourage our students to develop personal virtues such as honesty, hard work, responsibility, kindness and empathy. Armed with purpose and good character, we believe our students will launch into adulthood prepared to find their calling and change the world.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Las Cruces Grades: PK-K | 103 students
1605 S Valley Dr
Las Cruces, NM 88005
(505) 524-0827 1.1 PK-K
- Las Cruces Grades: PK-K | 83 students
1210 Wofford Drive
Las Cruces, NM 88001
(575) 522-6922 2.3 PK-K
- Las Cruces Grades: PK-K | 120 students
Las Cruces, NM 88001
(505) 522-5922 2.3 PK-K
- Las Cruces Grades: PK-12 | 276 students
1331 N Miranda St
Las Cruces, NM 88005
(575) 526-2517 2.8 PK-12
Acton Las Cruces is a great school that offers a true self-paced, student led education where children are actively involved in the day-to-day operations that make up their education. Children at Acton Academy are motivated to learn and take responsibility for their education without the burden of standardized testing, busy work in class and state driven education restrictions. We have two daughter's at Acton Academy and my wife and I can clearly see an increased ability to think through problems on their own - critical thinking skills important in adult life. When they cannot figure out on their own, they use each other as a source and method to solve a problem together.
- Posted by Parent - Ken
Acton Academy Las Cruces is an amazing school. Currently, our two children attend and they absolutely enjoy every day at Acton. We appreciate how the school utilizes hands-on-projects called quests and experts that visit Acton to discuss their field. For example, their financial quest had a licensed stock broker visit the school to discuss stocks. Another example was the architecture quest where a licensed architect judged the students (a.k.a. Eagles) based on answers about their scale model design that they built. In addition to the quests, the school uses the Socratic methodology in which the guides (a.k.a. teachers) ask questions and do not give direct answers. The guide will continue to ask the Eagle questions until the Eagle gets an answer on their own. The Eagles are learning to become independent. There is no need to wait for the guide and fellow Eagles if the Eagle has a passion to learn more. Our one Eagle enjoys math and he`s currently doing 5th grade math even though he`s only eight years old. Las Cruces` community is very fortunate to have this school. The guides and Head of School are fantastic. They are so kind, understanding, and wonderful people who want to positively lead our children into the era. Thank You!
- Posted by Parent - Brenda
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.