Mesilla Valley Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
Mesilla Valley Christian School Photo #2 - Baseball is one of eight high school level sports offered along with football, volleyball, basketball (boys and girls), tennis, golf and softball. MVCS also has the only private school FFA /Ag Science program in the state. In the past 12 months 3 of our athletes have been awarded college scholarships.
Mesilla Valley Christian School Photo #3 - MVCS offers grades K2-12 grade, elementary students have a wide range of opportunities including academic competitions, STEM program, summer camps, music and band - and more! We also offer a resource program and tutoring for students in need of additional academic support.
Mesilla Valley Christian School Photo #4 - Above all, we are a Christian college preparatory school that places a high value on academic success. 95% attend college, last year over $1.6M in scholarships were offered to our senior class, an average of $58,00/senior. MVCS graduates have been accepted at top universities nationwide including West Point, Harvard, Middlebury (CT), U.S. Air Force Academy, Pepperdine, Letourneau, Colorado Christian, etc.
- Mesilla Valley Christian School was established in 1974 asaparent-governed, independent, nondenominational K-12Christianschool to serve the educational needs of young people inthebeautiful Mesilla Valley of southwestern New Mexico.
- MVCS uses primarilyAbeka, Bob Jones, and ACSI textbooks -aswell as several secular publishers as part of ourcurriculum.
- A site-based, teacher-directed curriculum guide whichisupdatedannually drives our instructional program. Thisprogram isoverseenby our Curriculum & Education Committeecomprised offaculty, board members, parents and alumi.
- The purpose of Mesilla Valley Christian School is toassistparents in their God-given responsibility to train theirchildrento become disciples of Christ, serving our Savior daily ineveryaspect of life.
- MVCS offeres a full fine arts and athletic program and istheonly private school in the state to offer FFA programs,
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
New Mexico Association of Non Public Schools (NMANS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning difference|
|Total Students||281 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 51%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average ACT score||22|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Dress code is based upon modesty and Christian values )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Sep. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,350|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition range $5300-$5500 for grades K-12|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$850|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dr. John Foreman|
|Admissions Associate||Petra Lopez|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
- Mesilla Valley Christian Schools was established in 1974 asaparent-governed, independent, nondenominational K-12Christianschool to serve the educational needs of young people inthebeautiful Mesilla Valley of southwestern New Mexico. MVCSusesprimarily the Abeka, Bob Jones, and ACSI textbooks - as wellasseveral secular publishers such as Saxon Math for grades K-5.Asite-based, teacher-directed curriculum guide that isupdatedannually drives our instructional program, which isoverseen, bythe curriculum and Education Committee of the board.The purpose ofMesilla Valley Christian Schools is to assist parentsin theirGod-given responsibility to train their children tobecomedisciples of Christ, serving our Savior daily in every aspectoflife.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Las Cruces Grades: K-12 | 268 students
1331 N Miranda St
Las Cruces, NM 88005
(575)526-2517 3.7 K-12
- Las Cruces Grades: PK-5 | 44 students
2752 N Roadrunner Pkwy
Las Cruces, NM 88011
(575)532-5489 4.4 PK-5
- Las Cruces Grades: PK-K | 120 students
Las Cruces, NM 88001
(505)522-5922 1.1 PK-K
Great school, making good strides forward in past two years with returning leadership. My kids both love MVCS!
- Posted by Parent - bbguy
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.