Mesilla Valley Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
- Mesilla Valley Christian School was established in 1974 as a parent-governed, independent, nondenominational K-12 Christian school to serve the educational needs of young people in the beautiful Mesilla Valley of southwestern New Mexico.
- MVCS uses primarily Abeka, Bob Jones, and ACSI textbooks - as well as several secular publishers as part of our curriculum.
- A site-based, teacher-directed curriculum guide which is updated annually drives our instructional program. This program is overseen by our Curriculum & Education Committee comprised of faculty, board members, parents and alumi.
- The purpose of Mesilla Valley Christian School is to assist parents in their God-given responsibility to train their children to become disciples of Christ, serving our Savior daily in every aspect of life.
- MVCS offeres a full fine arts and athletic program and is the only private school in the state to offer FFA programs,
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
New Mexico Association of Non Public Schools (NMANS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning difference|
|Total Students||281 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 48%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average ACT score||22|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Dress code is based upon modesty and Christian values )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Sep. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,350|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition range $5300-$5500 for grades K-12|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$850|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dr. John Foreman|
|Admissions Associate||Petra Lopez|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
- Mesilla Valley Christian Schools was established in 1974 as a parent-governed, independent, nondenominational K-12 Christian school to serve the educational needs of young people in the beautiful Mesilla Valley of southwestern New Mexico. MVCS uses primarily the Abeka, Bob Jones, and ACSI textbooks - as well as several secular publishers such as Saxon Math for grades K-5. A site-based, teacher-directed curriculum guide that is updated annually drives our instructional program, which is overseen, by the curriculum and Education Committee of the board. The purpose of Mesilla Valley Christian Schools is to assist parents in their God-given responsibility to train their children to become disciples of Christ, serving our Savior daily in every aspect of life.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Las CrucesGrades: PK-5 | 44 students
2752 N Roadrunner Pkwy
Las Cruces, NM 88011
Las CrucesGrades: PK-KG | 120 students
Las Cruces, NM 88001
Las CrucesGrades: K-12 | 284 students
1331 N Miranda St
Las Cruces, NM 88005
Great school, making good strides forward in past two years with returning leadership. My kids both love MVCS!
- Posted by Parent - bbguy
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?