- Adhiambo School was first designed as a learning institute for preschool and kindergarten children.
- Two years later, the school expanded to third through fifth grade.
- It sought to establish and perpetuate moral attitudes and values to develop and add to the children's personalities and character, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherliness, kindliness and charity.
- The aim has been to be loving, concerned, working advocates for children and youth, to strengthen attitudes of self determination by developing sound academic programs.
- It is also our aim to motivate through positive cultural images, and provide a well-rounded curriculum with trips It is also our aim to motivate through positive cultural images, and provide a well-rounded curriculum with trips and experiences to supplement the classroom and textbooks.and experiences to supplement the classroom and textbooks.
- We encourage the teaching of values in a systematic way that reflects views encompassing the social, economic, political, spiritual, and emotional ramifications that Africans face in this country and throughout the world.
- The value system, self concept based on identity, purpose and direction, culture and community in education, and the historic approach is the key to learning.
- The programs of the school emphasize the cultivative and total development of young children.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||151 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, DanceBasketball, Dance,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jackson Grades: PK-12 | 608 students
4060 S Siwell Rd
Jackson, MS 39212
(601)372-0149 5.7 PK-12
- Jackson Grades: PK-2 | 43 students
5835 Highway 80 W
Jackson, MS 39209
(601)922-6292 3 PK-2
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.