- Adhiambo School was first designed as a learning institute for preschool and kindergarten children.
- Two years later, the school expanded to third through fifth grade.
- It sought to establish and perpetuate moral attitudes and values to develop and add to the children's personalities and character, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherliness, kindliness and charity.
- The aim has been to be loving, concerned, working advocates for children and youth, to strengthen attitudes of self determination by developing sound academic programs.
- It is also our aim to motivate through positive cultural images, and provide a well-rounded curriculum with trips It is also our aim to motivate through positive cultural images, and provide a well-rounded curriculum with trips and experiences to supplement the classroom and textbooks.and experiences to supplement the classroom and textbooks.
- We encourage the teaching of values in a systematic way that reflects views encompassing the social, economic, political, spiritual, and emotional ramifications that Africans face in this country and throughout the world.
- The value system, self concept based on identity, purpose and direction, culture and community in education, and the historic approach is the key to learning.
- The programs of the school emphasize the cultivative and total development of young children.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||151 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, DanceBasketball, Dance,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jackson Grades: PK-12 | 608 students
4060 S Siwell Rd
Jackson, MS 39212
(601)372-0149 5.7 PK-12
- Jackson Grades: PK-1 | 82 students
5835 Highway 80 W
Jackson, MS 39209
(601)922-6292 3 PK-1
Choosing the right private school for your child involves comparing schools as opposed to ranking them.
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.