- Adhiambo School was first designed as a learning institute for preschool and kindergarten children.
- Two years later, the school expanded to third through fifth grade.
- It sought to establish and perpetuate moral attitudes and values to develop and add to the children's personalities and character, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherliness, kindliness and charity.
- The aim has been to be loving, concerned, working advocates for children and youth, to strengthen attitudes of self determination by developing sound academic programs.
- It is also our aim to motivate through positive cultural images, and provide a well-rounded curriculum with trips It is also our aim to motivate through positive cultural images, and provide a well-rounded curriculum with trips and experiences to supplement the classroom and textbooks.and experiences to supplement the classroom and textbooks.
- We encourage the teaching of values in a systematic way that reflects views encompassing the social, economic, political, spiritual, and emotional ramifications that Africans face in this country and throughout the world.
- The value system, self concept based on identity, purpose and direction, culture and community in education, and the historic approach is the key to learning.
- The programs of the school emphasize the cultivative and total development of young children.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||151 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, DanceBasketball, Dance,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jackson Grades: PK-12 | 608 students
4060 S Siwell Rd
Jackson, MS 39212
(601)372-0149 5.7 PK-12
- Jackson Grades: PK-2 | 43 students
5835 Highway 80 W
Jackson, MS 39209
(601)922-6292 3 PK-2
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.