- Jackson Academy is a college preparatory school in Jackson, Mississippi.
- An independent, nonsectarian school founded in 1959, Jackson Academy is a coeducational private day school with approximately 1300 students enrolled in preschool through twelfth grade.
- Within our nurturing and spiritual community, Jackson Academy inspires and equips each student to lead a life of purpose and significance.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||1222 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||125 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Average SAT score||1220|
|Average ACT score||26|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||2017-18 Annual Tuition K3 (3 day) $ 5,520 K3, PK, K (half day) $ 6,900 PK, K (full day) $ 10,260 Grades 1-4 $11,520 Grades 5-8 $13,020 Grades 9-12 $14,700|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,000|
|Admissions Director||Kayla Mosal|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Drill Team, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballArchery, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Drill Team, Equestrian,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- At the heart of Jackson Academy's mission is a balanced, nurturing college-prepatory education for every student. The pursuit of 21st century readiness and innovation complements historically recognized educational pricnciples and well-loved traditions. While JA retains a traditional curriculum focus, the school embraces an atmosphere of constant improvement to bring the best possible experiences to students. JA strives to be not just the leading independent school in Mississippi, but to be a national example for teaching and learning.
- Jackson Academy is the first school in the Southeast to offer computing devies (MacBook Air or iPad) for each student in Kindergarten to twelfth grade through the Apple one-to-one program. Students in first through eighth grades study in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) labs. The loabs, along with the supporting, robust curriculum, expose students to science, math, and other subjects, such as robotics engineering, in ways that are fun, engaging, and build life skills necessary for succes in the 21st century.
- The JA Way includes being positive, collaborative, progressive, and student-centered. At Jackson Academy, no one goes it alone. Here, you are surrounded by a community of supporters - all dedicated to helping you identify your greatest talents, develop your particular gifts, and live with a strong sense of faith and purpose. All of us, all behind you, with all our hearts. All For One...that's the JA Way.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ClintonGrades: PK-12 | 108 students
1580 Clinton-Raymond Rd.
Clinton, MS 39056
- JacksonGrades: PK-12 | 608 students
4060 S Siwell Rd
Jackson, MS 39212
- JacksonGrades: PK-6 | 391 students
100 Holly Dr
Jackson, MS 39206
- JacksonGrades: PK-12 | 1158 students
4120 Old Canton Road
Jackson, MS 39216
- RaymondGrades: PK-12 | 427 students
2894 Raymond Bolton Rd
Raymond, MS 39154
JA is a great school that I would recommend for anyone who wants to attend. This school can make a huge impact on your life academically and socially. Staff and faculty are really nice,and so.are the students they are just like family to me and I love each and everyone of them. JA also has a huge number of cool electives and school clubs. I love it and if your child wants to attend I say "GO FOR IT" I HOPE THIS WAS HELP
- Posted by Student/Alumni - pinkm