5.00 (1 review)
- Jackson Academy is a college preparatory school in Jackson, Mississippi.
- An independent, nonsectarian school founded in 1959, Jackson Academy is a coeducational private day school with approximately 1150 students enrolled in K3 through twelfth grade.
- Within our nurturing and spiritual community, Jackson Academy inspires and equips each student to lead a life of purpose and significance.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||1,162 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||125 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Average SAT score||1220|
|Average ACT score||26|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||2018-19 Annual Tuition K3 (3 day) $4,800 -$400 per month K3 (5 day) $5,400 -$450 per month K4 (half day) $5,400 -$450 per month K4 (full day) $8,220 -$685 per month K5 (half day) $6,900 -$575 per month K5 (full day) $9,240 -$770 per month Grades 1-4 $11,880 -$990 per month Grades 5-8 $13,500 -$1,125 per month Grades 9-12 $15,240 -$1,270 per month|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,000|
|Admissions Director||Kayla Mosal|
|Admissions Associate||Haleigh Ritter|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Drill Team, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballArchery, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Drill Team, Equestrian,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- At the heart of Jackson Academy's mission is a balanced, nurturing college-prepatory education for every student. The pursuit of 21st century readiness and innovation complements historically recognized educational pricnciples and well-loved traditions. While JA retains a traditional curriculum focus, the school embraces an atmosphere of constant improvement to bring the best possible experiences to students. JA strives to be not just the leading independent school in Mississippi, but to be a national example for teaching and learning.
- Jackson Academy is the first school in the Southeast to offer computing devies (MacBook Air or iPad) for each student in Kindergarten to twelfth grade through the Apple one-to-one program. Students in first through eighth grades study in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) labs. The loabs, along with the supporting, robust curriculum, expose students to science, math, and other subjects, such as robotics engineering, in ways that are fun, engaging, and build life skills necessary for succes in the 21st century.
- The JA Way includes being positive, collaborative, progressive, and student-centered. At Jackson Academy, no one goes it alone. Here, you are surrounded by a community of supporters - all dedicated to helping you identify your greatest talents, develop your particular gifts, and live with a strong sense of faith and purpose. All of us, all behind you, with all our hearts. All For One...that's the JA Way.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jackson Grades: PK-12 | 608 students
4060 S Siwell Rd
Jackson, MS 39212
(601)372-0149 12.6 PK-12
- Raymond Grades: PK-12 | 486 students
2894 Raymond Bolton Rd
Raymond, MS 39154
(601)857-5568 18.9 PK-12
- Jackson Grades: PK-5 | 151 students
3424 Robinson Street
Jackson, MS 39209
(601)922-1184 7.1 PK-5
JA is a great school that I would recommend for anyone who wants to attend. This school can make a huge impact on your life academically and socially. Staff and faculty are really nice,and so.are the students they are just like family to me and I love each and everyone of them. JA also has a huge number of cool electives and school clubs. I love it and if your child wants to attend I say "GO FOR IT" I HOPE THIS WAS HELP
- Posted by Student/Alumni - pinkm
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.