Christ Covenant School
Christ Covenant School Photo #2 - Students spend time in the school garden planting, cultivating and harvesting fruits, vegetables and flowers.
Christ Covenant School Photo #4 - Students work on hand/eye coordination and ball handling skills during Physical Education class.
Christ Covenant School Photo #5 - 3rd grade students always learn a lot and have a blast on their field trip to the Natural Science Museum.
Christ Covenant School Photo #6 - Head of School Cathy Haynie greets new students on their first day at Christ Covenant School.
Christ Covenant School Photo #7 - Students love to meet their teacher and catch up with friends at the traditional Back To School Ice Cream Social.
Christ Covenant School Photo #8 - The 8th graders bless members of their community during their annual Mission Trip week.
Christ Covenant School Photo #9 - Christ Covenant Middle School students are inducted in the the National Junior Honor Society.
- Christ Covenant School is a ministry of Pear Orchard Presbyterian Church, PCA, which is located in Ridgeland, MS, a suburb of the capital city of Jackson.
- The School opened in the fall of 2002 and serves Christian families in the education of their covenant children from Preschool through Eighth Grade.
- Christ Covenant School is housed on the Pear Orchard campus.
- The Church and the School are strategically located to be able to serve Madison County, Rankin County, and the northeast Jackson area.
- Christ Covenant School exists because of and to the glory of God, and for the development and discipleship of covenant children.
- The mission of Christ Covenant School is to partner with Christian parents in teaching, training and equipping their children academically and spiritually so that they would be able to love the Lord, to think biblically and to glorify God in every area of life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||423 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Martha Maxey|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Lego Robotics, National Junior Honor Society, Quiz Bowl, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Group Lessons, Ballet and Tap, Crafts Group Lessons, Drawing Group Lessons, Private Guitar Lessons, Private Piano Lessons, Private Trumpet Lessons, Private Violin Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Indoor Tennis, Karate, Soccer Shots
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ridgeland Grades: PK-12
370 Old Agency Rd
Ridgeland, MS 39157
(601)853-6000 2.4 PK-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.