Allder Montessori in Purcellville, Virginia is a Catholic academic program which offers both a primary program (ages 3-6, half and full day) and an elementary program (ages 6-12).
Classes are five days per week. Each program follows the teachings and principles of Dr Maria Montessori.
Instruction in the Catholic faith will be given in the atrium under the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd method.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Classroom Dress Code
(White shirt, Navy pants/skirt)
(White shirt, Navy pants/skirt)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Allder Montessori in Purcellville, Virginia offers both a primary program (ages 3-6, half and full day) and an elementary program (ages 6-12). Classes are five days per week. Each program incorporates an atrium and follows the teachings and principles of Dr. Maria Montessori. The school is located on a beautiful rural property with access to nature, fields, and woods. Our Montessori classroom is filled with simple yet beautiful materials scientifically developed by Maria Montessori. This method builds a high degree of self-confidence, love of learning, well developed social skills and an overall joyful disposition. Primary instruction will include presentations in math, language, sensorial skills, and practical life. The comprehensive elementary program will incorporate the "Great Lessons" to inspire the child's wonder and awe in the Universe and the Earth, Life, Humans, Language, and Numbers.
- Classes will seamlessly incorporate the beautiful school property into teaching methods, complementing classroom lessons by exploring nature. This will include outdoor classes and investigating the creek and gardens, as well as the broader available natural resources resident within Loudoun County. Our program follows the "home school co-op" model, fulfilling all educational requirements in Virginia.To foster the spiritual development of the child, instruction in the Catholic faith will be given in the atrium under the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd method. This fulfills the requirements for Catholic religious education including sacrament preparation as applicable. Religious education will also incorporate participation in Catholic Mass as a school community.
- Allder Montessori is being developed by the families who are using it. We are motivated by our desire for more effective educational solutions for our children, with an additional goal of nurturing an authentically Catholic and vibrant community.Limited space is available. Applications are available upon request. Tours are available by appointment.
Endorse Allder Montessori. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.