Allder Montessori in Purcellville, Virginia is a Catholic academic program which offers both a primary program (ages 3-6, half and full day) and an elementary program (ages 6-12).
Classes are five days per week. Each program follows the teachings and principles of Dr Maria Montessori.
Instruction in the Catholic faith will be given in the atrium under the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd method.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Student Body Type
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Classroom Dress Code
White shirt, Navy pants/skirt
White shirt, Navy pants/skirt
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Allder Montessori in Purcellville, Virginia offers both a primary program (ages 3-6, half and full day) and an elementary program (ages 6-12). Classes are five days per week. Each program incorporates an atrium and follows the teachings and principles of Dr. Maria Montessori. The school is located on a beautiful rural property with access to nature, fields, and woods. Our Montessori classroom is filled with simple yet beautiful materials scientifically developed by Maria Montessori. This method builds a high degree of self-confidence, love of learning, well developed social skills and an overall joyful disposition. Primary instruction will include presentations in math, language, sensorial skills, and practical life. The comprehensive elementary program will incorporate the "Great Lessons" to inspire the child's wonder and awe in the Universe and the Earth, Life, Humans, Language, and Numbers.
- Classes will seamlessly incorporate the beautiful school property into teaching methods, complementing classroom lessons by exploring nature. This will include outdoor classes and investigating the creek and gardens, as well as the broader available natural resources resident within Loudoun County. Our program follows the "home school co-op" model, fulfilling all educational requirements in Virginia.To foster the spiritual development of the child, instruction in the Catholic faith will be given in the atrium under the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd method. This fulfills the requirements for Catholic religious education including sacrament preparation as applicable. Religious education will also incorporate participation in Catholic Mass as a school community.
- Allder Montessori is being developed by the families who are using it. We are motivated by our desire for more effective educational solutions for our children, with an additional goal of nurturing an authentically Catholic and vibrant community.Limited space is available. Applications are available upon request. Tours are available by appointment.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Allder Montessori?
The application deadline for Allder Montessori is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Allder Montessori. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.