Ambleside School Of San Angelo
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Ambleside Schools International seeks to build and to serve a worldwide community of schools and training centers that provide what Charlotte Mason called a "living education," guiding and empowering students, parents and teachers to author lives which are full and free, rich in relationship to God, self, others, ideas, and all of creation.
- A commitment to fostering a community that embraces all of life in faith, love and obedience, according to the principles of Jesus Christ, as revealed in Scripture, taught in the Nicene Creed, and lived in accord with the Ambleside Code of Conduct.
- A commitment to building an educational community that consistently applies the principles of Charlotte Mason by means of the Ambleside Method of education.
- Ambleside School of Fredericksburg has been a venue, not only for the education of children, but also for the training of parents and teachers who seek a greater understanding and mastery of the Charlotte Mason method.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||80 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San AngeloGrades: PK-12 | 227 students
1502 N Jefferson St
San Angelo, TX 76901
San AngeloGrades: K-9 | 248 students
3516 Ymca Dr
San Angelo, TX 76904
San AngeloGrades: PK-12 | 94 students
518 Country Club Road
San Angelo, TX 76904
Wanted to give a positive testimonial to any new families or for you to share to other families that you know might be on the fence about sending their children to private school.My son has been attending Ambleside since 7th grade. The summer before he started Ambleside, we had to get him up to par on math and cursive writing (as his prior public school in another state didn't teach students cursive, and the school was so big, the teachers had no extra time to help struggling students.) He blossomed under Mrs. Aidala's watch for middle school, becoming the lead in Macbeth in 8th grade. He's now a sophomore, and because of the care and attention that Ambleside shows their students, scored high enough on his PSATs to be invited this summer to Stanford for a ten day course of law, culminating in a mock trial run completely by the 25 student class. Scholarships for this opportunity are extremely rare and difficult to get due to the competitive nature of the program. We just found out that based upon my son's merit (thanks to Ambleside he has found a new passion for learning), and all the public service that the students perform at Ambleside, that we were awarded a partial scholarship to get us further to our goal. Had he been going to school anywhere else, I don't think we would be where we are now. Thank you, Mrs. Aidala and Mrs. Goff, and all the other teachers that have seen his potential and helped him unlock it! He's already excited to complete his entrance exams at the college so that he can get a jump on the dual-credit program offered in high school.
- Posted by Parent - High School parent
I have two children attending Ambleside School of San Angelo. I never imagined sending my kids to a private school. However, after attending kinder in a public school it became my mission to find a better alternative for my oldest son. At Ambleside, my kids are coming to love to learning while receiving a rich and rigorous curriculum. A big focus in early grades is the development of lifelong healthy habits that support learning and success later in life. The atmosphere supports real growth rather than fostering stress, while the teachers and school center on Christ. Among private schools, Ambleside is priced below many competitors while providing superior teacher-student ratios. Parent participation is expected, but fundraisers are only held twice a year - not every few weeks like at other schools. School administration also does a good job communicating with parents on a weekly basis; in addition to the typical parent teacher interactions. Charlotte Mason was the unlikely pioneer of a social and intellectual movement. Mason spent her life bringing common thought on the subject of education to the level of scientific research. Her theories were tested in thousands of English schools in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Teachers and children using her approach consistently flourished in knowledge and character, and continue to do so even today!!!
- Posted by Parent - agshi
Ambleside School of San Angelo is based on the philosophy of Charlotte Mason, and is a Christian private school dedicated to building withing a child positive relationships with all subjects, resulting in a love for learning and school that surpasses all expectations. Please call us for a school tour. I would love to tell you more about us.
- Posted by Administrator - c.slo
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?