Appalachian Christian Academy
Tel: (606) 598-5427
- Appalachian Christian Academy is a small Christian school in the mountains of Appalachia.
- We have been educating children in Manchester for over 35 years.
- We offer grades K-9 and are fully accredited by the state of Kentucky and by the National Council of Private Schools Association.
- We offer individually-tailored, differentiated, and hands-on learning experiences, as well as educational and cultural field trips, e.g. concerts, musicals, Civil War reenactments, plays, museums, to local artisans, farms, outdoor school, musical festivals, service learning, etc.
- Our goal is to graduate young people who have a balanced education in all areas: academic, spiritual, physical, emotional, and social.
- They are encouraged to be critical thinkers, problem solvers, and good citizens of this world and also for heaven.
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia; mild speech, language based or learning differences|
|Total Students||11 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 9%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki or navy slacks, skirts; solid color polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$205|
|Tuition Notes||Textbook fee of $175. Registration fee of $150. Tuition $205/month for non-constituent, $155/month for constituent|
- Our school offers the following:
- Low student to teacher ratio
- Multigrade classrooms
- Caring teachers
- Individualized help and attention
- Differentiated instruction
- Many outdoor activities, such as play, games, gardening, outdoor learning
- Educational field trips
- Service Learning Activities/Trips
- Spanish, art, music
- Family atmosphere
- Zero tolerance to bullying
- DWS/Soul Shapers Discipline Plan, encouraging students to self-control, self-discipline
- Home School Friday Program that includes art, Spanish, music (choir, bells), recess
- School Location Miles Grades Students
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.