Archbishop Rummel High School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Archbishop Rummel High School Photo #6 - Fr. Pat, school chaplain, during the beginning of the year benediction
- Archbishop Rummel High School educates each student according to the principles of the Catholic Church in the Lasallian tradition of faith, community, and service.
- In a caring, disciplined environment of social awareness and academic excellence, Archbishop Rummel High School challenges each student to recognize the dignity of life and to develop and share, to the best of his ability, his unique talents.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Resource Program|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||677 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||American Government, American History, Art, Calculus, Computer Science, English Composition, English Literature, Latin, Spanish, Statistics|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Navy pants and Oxford Shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,850|
|Tuition Notes||Registration fee for new students is $350.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Katie Gremillion|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Weightlifting, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Weightlifting,
Winter Track, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||31 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Games, Ambassadors, Big Brothers, Campus Ministry, Chess Team, Eucharist Minister, Key Club, Latin Club, Literary Magazine, Literary Rally, Math Club, Mu Alpha Theta, National Honor Society, National Jr. Honor Society, Newspaper, Operation HeadStart, Spanish Club, STATS, Student Council, Varsity Quiz Bowl, Video Game Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Concert Band, Genesian Players, Jazz Band, Jazz Workshop, Marching Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Intramurals, Paintball Club, Ping Pong
- Three curriculums are offered and students are placed individually by course each school year.
- Monthly Masses are held for the entire school community in the Raider Gym and optional daily Masses are held in the chapel.
- Each year, students attend a grade and age appropriate retreat that centers on the Lasallian 5 core principles.
- All juniors are required to take a semester ACT Preparation course that has resulted in the school ACT score rising by 4 points in the last 5 years
- We take pride in the Raider Family, so at ARHS students are not just a face in the crowd, but teachers, administrators, and staff know the students by name
- Our Service Program affords our students a partnership will local agencies to serve a school wide 19,000+ service hours each year
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Metairie Grades: NS-12 | 361 students
4828 Utica St
Metairie, LA 70006
(504)885-4700 1.9 NS-12
- Metairie Grades: 9-12
3864 17th St
Metairie, LA 70002
(504)455-4062 1.5 9-12
Archbishop Rummel has become a home away from home a second family. Rummel has proven to be a safe place to learn and grow for my two sons. It has prepared my children for college. (ACT - 24 & 26) Both of my sons were accepted into the college of their choice. Rummel has Reinforced our family beliefs and taught them to be lead by example with strong Christian values. My oldest son graduated in 2007 and is now a mechanical engineer. My youngest son is in still in college. Both of my children experienced friendships that will last a life time. I highly recommend the Rummel High School experience!
- Posted by Parent - Rumme
Archbishop Rummel has been a fantastic environment for my three boys to learn and thrive. The faculty genuinely care about each student and are very dedicated. My boys are excited to get up for school each morning. The focus on community, service and leadership as well as fostering Christian values is alive and thriving at Rummel. The recent addition of Brother Gale and Brother Michael have given the students and faculty a real shot in the arm! I am pleased with the well rounded education my boys are receiving at Rummel. I strongly recommend this school to others.
- Posted by Parent - bbien
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.