Lutheran High School Of Greater New Orleans
- Founded in 1970 in the Garden District of New Orleans, Lutheran High School today occupies a tree lined block in the heart of Metairie.
- Lutheran High School is committed to nurturing students in mind, body, and spirit.
- "Home of the Gryphons," Lutheran High School students enjoy a Christ centered environment, a college preparatory curriculum, a service learning approach that builds a life-long commitment to community involvement, and a variety of clubs and sports to suit most any interest.
- LHS offers comprehensive academic and personal counseling services. Fifty percent of Lutheran High School seniors are enrolled in college and university courses as part of the "dual enrollment" program.
Lutheran High School Of Greater New Orleans places among the top 20% of private schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|Tuition Notes||$225 application fee; $1000 Registration Fee; $200|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Game Club, International Club, National Honor Society, Photography Club, Reel to Reel Film Club, Robotics Club, Service Club, Student Council, Tribu Virtus Young Men's Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Classes, Choir, Drama, Yearbook
- Lutheran High School admits students of any race, color, sex, national and/or ethnic origen to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origen in administration of its education policies, admissions policies, financial aid programs, athletics and other school-administered programs.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Metairie Grades: NS-12 | 361 students
4828 Utica St
Metairie, LA 70006
(504)885-4700 1.2 NS-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.