Atlantic Shores Christian School
- Atlantic Shores Christian Schools is an independent, non-denominational Christian School.
- It is a private, non-profit institution, with high academic and spiritual standards.
- We offer educational programs from preschool age through high school that are Biblically-based and meet the highest standards of learning. Our curriculum has been carefully selected to meet the academic needs of each child, and help all students achieve their highest potential.
- We offer a complete athletic program, Fine Arts program, and state of the art technology opportunities at all grade levels. We encourage all students to use their God-given talents and give them the opportunity to develop and use their talents to bring glory to God.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||686 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||63 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||American Government, American History, Calculus AB, Chemistry, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, Music Theory, Politics: United States,|
|Average SAT score||1180|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Docker style pants, shorts or skirts with solid color polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,500|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Cindy Hudgins|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Robin Arends|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
- Atlantic Shores Christian School offers a variety of resource programs to help student reach their full potential. These programs include:
- Early Learning Program - K3 to K5
- Smart Start - A support program to meet academic challenges.
- Scholars Lab - a support program for the enrichment of gifted students.
- Reading Remediation
- Advanced Math for 4th through 6th grade
- Advanced Reading for 1st through 6th grade
- Science Lab - Available to all Elementary grade groups to enhance in-class curriculum as well as a special class for all to attend within their rotation schedule.
- Shores Outdoors - Outdoor Classroom Learning Center
- Accelerated Classes, Honors, AP coursed offered at Secondary Campus in all core disciplines.
- Dual Enrollment Program - expanding and allowing preplanning for college entry.
- Individual assistance to all students who need help in certain subject matters is offered at Secondary Campus.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chesapeake Grades: PK-12 | 640 students
311 Kempsville Rd
Chesapeake, VA 23320
(757)547-9595 3 PK-12
- Virginia Beach Grades: PK-12 | 947 students
1320 Mill Dam Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23454
(757)481-2446 11.8 PK-12
- Chesapeake Grades: PK-12 | 84 students
1401 Battlefield Boulevard South
Chesapeake, VA 23322
(757)482-5121 6.2 PK-12
- Virginia Beach Grades: 9-12 | 459 students
4552 Princess Anne Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
(757)467-2881 4.2 9-12
- Yorktown Grades: PK-12 | 224 students
4209 Big Bethel Road
Yorktown, VA 23693
(757)867-7005 28.6 PK-12