Bay Meadows Kindercare
The teachers and staff at San Mateo KinderCare strongly believe that each child grows and develops at their own pace.
Our teachers honor these differences by providing children with customized attention and activities that enable them to learn and grow at their own paces, in their own way.
Our teachers have an average tenure of five years at our center and an average of ten years in the Early Childhood Education field.
Our teachers are all Early Childhood Education certified. We have a couple of teachers who have their Master Teaching Permit.
We support our teachers in their professional development and ongoing education.
All of our teachers are here because the love the joy of teaching!.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 114 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 49%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Welcome to San Mateo (Bay Meadows) KinderCare! Our center has been serving children for over 10 years. We are excited to continue that tradition of quality! We believe in fostering whole child development. Every classroom has a special curriculum tailored specifically for that age group. Please stop by and check us out! '‚'‚'‚'‚'‚'‚'‚'‚'‚
- The health and safety of our students is our number one priority. Our teachers are First Aid and Pediatric CPR certified. Our center has a locked key pad entrance, secured gated playgrounds, and safety bells on all doors in the building. We are a "Nut Free" facility.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM, M-F
- Languages Spoken: American_sign_langugage, Spanish
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Bay Meadows Kindercare?
The application deadline for Bay Meadows Kindercare is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Bay Meadows Kindercare. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.