Futures Academy - San Mateo
Futures Academy - San Mateo Photo #2 - At Futures, learn at your pace and on your schedule with one student to one teacher class sizes.
Futures Academy - San Mateo Photo #3 - Futures Academy's high quality academic one-to-one learning program includes social activities and onsite study areas for completing schoolwork assignments.
Futures Academy - San Mateo Photo #4 - At Futures Academy, our personalized one-to-one teaching approach provides students the opportunity to maximize their academic potential in a small, nurturing, private school environment.
Now Enrolling for Fall! Choose from on campus, online or hybrid learning options with personalized 1:1 and small group instruction.
Futures Academy is an accredited private college-prep school offering 1:1 instruction for grades 6-12. Since 1985, Futures Academy has helped more than 19,000 students achieve educational success with its personalized 1:1 instruction model. At Futures Academy, we believe students can reach their full potential with personalized instruction that instills confidence, character and a lifelong love of learning.
We offer on campus, online or hybrid learning options with personalized 1:1 and small group instruction. Schedule a tour to get a glimpse of your local campus and meet the head of school.
Open enrollment year-round for full-time and part-time. Choose from more than 170 courses, 32 Honors and 16 Advanced Placement (AP), as well as a variety of social activities and clubs. Futures` Summer School program includes the full roster of courses.
Futures helps students who struggle in the traditional classroom, such as those with ADHD, Dyslexia, or social anxiety, or students with special scheduling needs such as athletes and artists.
Flexible scheduling along with AP and other rigorous courses allow students who wish to accelerate at their own pace.
Futures is WASC Accredited and UC, CSU & NCAA Approved.
- School Type: Alternative School
- Grades: 6-12
- Yearly Tuition: $38,400
- Average class size: 1 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Dyslexia / ADD / Social Anxiety / Mild Learning Differences
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
Academics and Faculty
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
* Full-Time Student * Subject to change based on individual needs of the student * AP & Honors classes additional – Schedule a campus tour to get a customized quote
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Club or Organization:
dance and theatre club, Leadership, yearbook
dance and theatre club, Leadership, yearbook
- Futures Academy is a private, college-prep school that serves students who learn better outside the traditional classroom model. We believe students can reach their full potential with personalized instruction that instills confidence, character and the lifelong love of learning. On our campuses you will find close-knit communities that foster academic achievement and personal development.
- In education, one size does not fit all. When an instructor tailors a teaching method to the unique needs of each student, the chances of learning success increases exponentially. Futures teachers use numerous techniques to present course work in a creative and engaging way so students retain the information and enjoy the learning process. One-to-one education at Futures Academy allows for more individualized attention, less distractions, improved communication, and increased flexibility.
- Grown from a single campus in 1985, Futures Academy now has 15 campuses and is committed to providing education solutions for families throughout California. The majority of our students have gone on to attend well-reputed colleges and universities.
Source: Verified school update
Endorse Futures Academy - San Mateo. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
A Timeline of Private School Events and History
What was the first private school? What's the oldest school? What are some of the educational philosophies commonly found? Some answers here.
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.