Bishop Flaget School
- Since 1837, Catholic education in Ross County, Ohio, has strived to meet the changing needs of the community.
- Nestled atop Carlisle Hill in Chillicothe, Bishop Flaget School provides the citizens of three counties with the opportunity for unparalleled academics in a Christ-centered environment.
- Bishop Flaget School is proud of a long tradition of highly qualified graduates who go on to achieve great things.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Intervention Tutor/Physical Therapy/Speech/Occupational Therapy|
|Total Students||197 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,600|
|Tuition Notes||Non-Catholic Tuition is $5600 per year. The cooperating parishes have a policy that no child of an active Catholic will be denied an education because of inability to pay. Tuition assistance is available. There are also a variety of payment options. W|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Laura Corcoran|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Swimming, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Altar Servers, Band, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Lego Robotics Club, Running Club, Student Council, Yearbook, Youth Group Altar Servers, Band, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Running Club, Yearbook, Youth Group, Lego Robotics Club,
- Bishop Flaget School students achieve many milestones each year. Our classes are small enough to provide individualized attention and large enough to allow for age appropriate social interaction.
- Our students excel in local, regional, state, and national academic competitions.
- Our graduates go on to place in the top 10% of their high school graduating class.
- We build on the moral foundation that you instill at home to help your child build values for a lifetime.
- We have a talented, experienced staff of caring individuals who strive to make sure that all children can succeed.
- At Bishop Flaget, your child will be involved in many community service activities so that he or she can learn about the rewarding nature of giving to others.
- Bishop Flaget Families form an extended family network that works together to help each and every member reach their goals.
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?