Bishop Flaget School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (740) 774-2970
Since 1837, Catholic education in Ross County, Ohio, has strived to meet the changing needs of the community.
Nestled atop Carlisle Hill in Chillicothe, Bishop Flaget School provides the citizens of three counties with the opportunity for unparalleled academics in a Christ-centered environment.
Bishop Flaget School is proud of a long tradition of highly qualified graduates who go on to achieve great things.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Intervention Tutor/Physical Therapy/Speech/Occupational Therapy|
|Total Students||210 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,600|
|Tuition Notes||Non-Catholic Tuition is $5600 per year. The cooperating parishes have a policy that no child of an active Catholic will be denied an education because of inability to pay. Tuition assistance is available. There are also a variety of payment options. W|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Laura Corcoran|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Swimming, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Altar Servers, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Yearbook, Youth Group|
Club or Organization:
Lego Robotics Club, Running Club, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
- Bishop Flaget School students achieve many milestones each year. Our classes are small enough to provide individualized attention and large enough to allow for age appropriate social interaction.
- Our students excel in local, regional, state, and national academic competitions.
- Our graduates go on to place in the top 10% of their high school graduating class.
- We build on the moral foundation that you instill at home to help your child build values for a lifetime.
- We have a talented, experienced staff of caring individuals who strive to make sure that all children can succeed.
- At Bishop Flaget, your child will be involved in many community service activities so that he or she can learn about the rewarding nature of giving to others.
- Bishop Flaget Families form an extended family network that works together to help each and every member reach their goals.
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school, elementary school and preschool to Bishop Flaget School is Ross County Christian Academy (3.9 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chillicothe Grades: PK-12 | 430 students
2215 Egypt Pike
Chillicothe, OH 45601
(740) 772-4552 3.9 PK-12
- Chillicothe Grades: K-12 | 6 students
539 Woodview Dr
Chillicothe, OH 45601
(740) 775-6205 7.9 K-12
- Waverly Grades: PK-12 | 152 students
400 Clough Street
Waverly, OH 45690
(740) 947-5700 13.2 PK-12
- Bainbridge Grades: 9-12 | 56 students
1071 Tong Hollow Rd
Bainbridge, OH 45612
(740) 634-3094 14.6 9-12
- Circleville Grades: K-8 | 37 students
5679 Tarlton Rd
Circleville, OH 43113
(740) 474-3500 17.2 K-8
Great school. I am very pleased with the communication Bishop Flaget provides. Both of my children have become so much more independent since attending Bishop Flaget (Preschool & K). The staff is very friendly and establishes a relationship with each child by name. It is truly a family environment. I am very pleased with the academics that are being taught. The classrooms are up to date with technology. My kindergartener gets to use and take an iPad home that the school has provided.
- Posted by Parent - Lou Bo
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.