Bishop Mchugh Regional Catholic
5.00 (3 reviews)
- In response to the continued growth of the Cape May County area, the Diocese of Camden and its six sponsoring parishes have opened a brand new K-8 elementary school in Dennis Township.
- Bishop McHugh Regional Catholic School responds to the demand of parents for values-based education in which moral principles and religious formation are foundational elements of a vigorous academic program.
- The religious instruction at the core of the curriculum is complemented by a comprehensive program in language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, computer education, world language, art, music and physical education.
- The new 21 classroom facility features a computer lab, science lab, library/media center and a gymnasium/multi-purpose room.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||238 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- People that viewed Bishop Mchugh Regional Catholic also viewed these schools: Cape Trinity Catholic School.
I just wanted to sincerely thank you and your staff for helping make this 'new school transition' an extremely easy one. My kids are loving Bishop McHugh School... and, even more amazing, they are saying they 'love' subjects they've strongly disliked in the past (i.e. science and math). Obviously, their teachers are really making these subjects enjoyable to learn. I am extremely impressed with many aspects of the school... such as the weekly wraps, facebook presence, teacher's innovative teaching methods (i.e. 6th grade PBL), the use of numerous technology programs for homework and tests and even the efficiency of your car line... just naming a few. I am thrilled that we finally made the change and now am just wish we might had made it sooner!! Again, thank you for all you have done... my kids have been impressed that 'the principal' is so involved in everyday operations... i.e. greeting students in the morning, covering classes, etc. It's truly been a wonderful first four months of school!! Looking forward to a great 2016
- Posted by Parent - bsmit
Moved here from Hockessin, DE in 2012. Our 2 kids (1st & 3rd grade) love the school and so do we! Great family atmosphere and an amazing moder campus (smart boards in all classrooms). Academically and socially well rounded. Feels like we stumbled across a well kept secrete.
- Posted by Parent - dave
I highly recommend this school for its academics, teachers and administrators. The staff is loving, supportive and caring for all of their students.The best in Cape May County
- Posted by Parent - jtlau
Private school tuition seems to go nowhere but up. We look at some of the reasons why and offer the opinion that a private school education is still good value.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.