Blue Ridge School
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked VA School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 158 students
- Yearly Tuition: $59,500
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Blue Ridge School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for:
Academics and Faculty
dress pants, jacket, and tie
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Chess Club, Economics Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Gay Straight Alliance, Outdoor Program
Arts and Music Programs:
- The average class size is nine and the average student load per teacher is 40. This allows teachers to give personalized attention and individualize teaching materials for their classes. Blue Ridge School understands that boys learn differently from girls, and the School uses a Learning Model designed specifically for boys.
- Social Activities, the Arts, Clubs, Community Service and Athletics are valuable vehicles for the development of young men. Blue Ridge School offers a number of different co-curricular programs that build self-esteem and develop leadership and teamwork skills.
- Blue Ridge School has been built upon the values of integrity, civility and a strong sense of work ethic. Our Code of Conduct is unique in the way that it is written for both our students and the adult members of our community. Additionally our code incorporates the concept of Brother's Keeper - promoting a peer culture of responsibility and obligation to each other.
- The Blue Ridge School campus is located twenty miles from Charlottesville, Virginia and only 2.5 hours from Washington D.C. and Richmond, Virginia. Our campus, which comprises nearly 800 acres, lies at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Mamadi Diakite '15 - 2021 NBA Champion with the Milwaukee Bucks.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Blue Ridge School cost?
Blue Ridge School's tuition is approximately $59,500 for private students.
Who are famous alumni from Blue Ridge School?
Blue Ridge School famous alumni include: Mamadi Diakite '15.
What sports does Blue Ridge School offer?
Blue Ridge School offers 16 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, Martial Arts, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Weightlifting and Winter Track. Blue Ridge School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for most sports offered.
What is Blue Ridge School's ranking?
Blue Ridge School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for: Most sports offered and Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for Blue Ridge School?
The application deadline for Blue Ridge School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Blue Ridge School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards