Brookside Day School
Tel: (816) 531-2192
- Brookside Day School was founded in 1956 serving children preschool 6th grades and has operated in the same general format since its inception.
- The school offered the earliest extended-care programs in Kansas City, MO. Brookside is noted for high quality academic programs in addition to excellent childcare services.
- Brookside is dedicated to serving the educational and extended care needs of the children and families of the Greater Kansas City Metropolitan area.
- Brookside became a charter school in August 2002. Brookside is an elementary school, serving classes kindergarten through seventh grade.
- Brookside is sponsored by the University of Missouri-Kansas City and is a member of the Basic School Network.
- The teachers are trained in the Basic School concepts, and the faculty works hard to ensure Brookside is an effective school.
- The Brookside Day School strives to meet the physical, emotional, and educational needs of children by providing a rich, well-rounded life experience at school during the academic day and during our before and after care programs.
- We hold fast to our belief that a complete educational experience places equal emphasis on the academic and the aesthetics provided in a multicultural setting with a strong sense of community.
- We further believe that, in order to provide a complete educational experience, the values in the home honesty, integrity, and strength of character must also be taught and modeled by all members of our school community.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||113 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kansas City Grades: PK-6 | 115 students
707 W 47th St
Kansas City, MO 64112
(913) 544-1041 0.6 PK-6
- Kansas City Grades: NS-12 | 1156 students
400 W 51st St
Kansas City, MO 64112
(816) 936-1200 0.2 NS-12
- Kansas City Grades: PK-8 | 441 students
14 W 75th St
Kansas City, MO 64114
(816) 523-7100 3 PK-8
- Mission Grades: PK-12 | 102 students
4901 Mission Road
Mission, KS 66205
(913) 384-4434 1.8 PK-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.