- Building Blocks Montessori School began in 1972 as a nursery school which soon expanded to the elementary level.
- Building Blocks Montessori provides a stimulating environment that builds on the foundation set in Lower School but with more emphasis on academics.
- Textbooks are used along with advanced Montessori and other materials.
- The children continue to advance at their own rate, with individualized goals and curriculum tailored to meet different learning styles and needs.
- It is a non-competitive and supportive environment. Small group meetings in all subjects are an integral part of Upper School for instruction and discussions.
- The subject areas in Upper School are art, music, computer, gym & movement, yoga and Spanish.
- Upper School children participate in N.Y.S. testing and take a yearly Stanford Achievement Test to aid in curriculum planning and evaluation.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||62 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Staten IslandGrades: K-9 | 292 students
1305 Hylan Blvd
Staten Island, NY 10305
Staten IslandGrades: K-9 | 161 students
309 Saint Pauls Ave
Staten Island, NY 10304
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.