Building Blocks Montessori School
- Building Blocks Montessori School began in 1972 as a nursery school which soon expanded to the elementary level.
- Building Blocks Montessori provides a stimulating environment that builds on the foundation set in Lower School but with more emphasis on academics.
- Textbooks are used along with advanced Montessori and other materials.
- The children continue to advance at their own rate, with individualized goals and curriculum tailored to meet different learning styles and needs.
- It is a non-competitive and supportive environment. Small group meetings in all subjects are an integral part of Upper School for instruction and discussions.
- The subject areas in Upper School are art, music, computer, gym & movement, yoga and Spanish.
- Upper School children participate in N.Y.S. testing and take a yearly Stanford Achievement Test to aid in curriculum planning and evaluation.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||60 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Staten Island Grades: PK-K | 79 students
1000 Richmond Ter
Staten Island, NY 10301
(718) 442-6112 1.2 PK-K
- Staten Island Grades: K-9 | 292 students
1305 Hylan Blvd
Staten Island, NY 10305
(718) 351-0939 2.3 K-9
- Staten Island Grades: PK-8 | 150 students
259 Rose Ave
Staten Island, NY 10306
(718) 351-4442 4.3 PK-8
- Staten Island Grades: K-9 | 161 students
309 Saint Pauls Ave
Staten Island, NY 10304
(718) 447-4600 0.5 K-9
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.