Building Blocks Montessori School
- Building Blocks Montessori School began in 1972 as a nursery school which soon expanded to the elementary level.
- Building Blocks Montessori provides a stimulating environment that builds on the foundation set in Lower School but with more emphasis on academics.
- Textbooks are used along with advanced Montessori and other materials.
- The children continue to advance at their own rate, with individualized goals and curriculum tailored to meet different learning styles and needs.
- It is a non-competitive and supportive environment. Small group meetings in all subjects are an integral part of Upper School for instruction and discussions.
- The subject areas in Upper School are art, music, computer, gym & movement, yoga and Spanish.
- Upper School children participate in N.Y.S. testing and take a yearly Stanford Achievement Test to aid in curriculum planning and evaluation.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||62 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Staten IslandGrades: K-9 | 292 students
1305 Hylan Blvd
Staten Island, NY 10305
- Staten IslandGrades: K-9 | 161 students
309 Saint Pauls Ave
Staten Island, NY 10304
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.