Cane Child Development Center
- CANE Child Development Center is committed to provide educational, social, emotional, physical and nutritional needs of each child enrolled.
- Our goal is to provide a quality preschool and early child development program to the families of South Kingstown, Narragansett, Charlestown, and surrounding communities.
- Our philosophy is that children learn best through play. The center's flexible daily schedule allows many varied and balanced activities to take place which enhance a child's total development.
- Regular periods of exercise and outdoor play are incorporated into the educational program.
- Our qualified staff of professionals and para-professionals have a combined 50 years of experience in early childhood development.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||42 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||42:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kingston Grades: PK-5 | 58 students
537 Old North Road
Kingston, RI 02881
(401)783-2233 4.5 PK-5
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.