Monsignor Matthew Clarke Catholic Regional School
5.00 (8 reviews)
Tel: (401) 789-0860
Monsignor Matthew Clarke Catholic Regional School Photo #2 - In partnership with parents and guardians, Monsignor Matthew F. Clarke Catholic Regional School`s mission is to develop motivated students who are responsible leaders with high moral expectations, challenged academically, rooted in Catholic faith, abundant in kindness, model respect and committed to service.
- Located in Wakefield, Rhode Island, Monsignor Matthew F. Clarke School is a Catholic school with students enrolled from 18 months through grade 8. As a Diocesan regional school, MCS welcomes students of all faiths. Bus transportation is available throughout the southern region for students in grades K-8. Students of all faiths are welcome to apply.The Catholic tradition is alive and well at Monsignor Clarke School. We strive to provide an atmosphere that supports the whole child, and focuses on building confidence, capability, a healthy sense of self, and an awareness of and concern for others. Within the context of our faith, we teach our students how to learn, and more importantly, how to question and understand the world around them. Our educational programs place emphasis on the spiritual, intellectual, physical and aesthetic development of each student.
- We invite you to browse our website and to stop into school, where you see what makes us the right choice for you!
- With public school plans not yet finalized, some parents consider private education - 08/20/2020 - https://turnto10.com/news/local/with-public-school-plans-not-yet-finalized-some-parents-consider-private-educationhttps://turnto10.com/news/local/with-public-school-plans-not-yet-finalized-some-parents-consider-private-education
- Wakefield Catholic school begins virtual learning after weeks of planning - 03/17/2020 - https://turnto10.com/news/coronavirus/wakefield-catholic-school-begins-virtual-learning-after-weeks-of-planning
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||260 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,475|
|Tuition Notes||K-5 tuition reflected|
|Admissions Director||Sara Marshall|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Martial Arts, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Martial Arts, Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- Families of all faiths are welcome
- Little Angels Program for 18 mos - 3yrs (year round)
- Extended Day and Summer Camp Programs for Pre-k and up
- Bus Transportation available from most towns
- Same Start and End Time for all Grades
- Wide Variety of After School Programs for all ages
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wakefield Grades: PK-K | 42 students
281 Post Road
Wakefield, RI 02879
(401) 789-7210 1.1 PK-K
- Kingston Grades: PK-5 | 58 students
537 Old North Road
Kingston, RI 02881
(401) 783-2233 4 PK-5
- Warwick Grades: 6-11 | 20 students
75 Prospect St
Warwick, RI 02886
(401) 739-2499 18.3 6-11
Excellent school! Fantastic teachers and dedicated staff. Small class sizes allow for individualized attention. Core values set the tone to help instill a good moral compass.
- Posted by Parent - Joanne
The caring and active school community serves as a loving extension of the family to raise students to be "the best versions of themselves". Through the MCS Core Values students (and all members of the community) are led to be "faithful leaders who serve with kindness and respect". Recently, teachers, students, and families "weathered the storm together" throughout the spring of 2020 to continue learning, praying, and growing in faith and knowledge despite the challenges of remote learning. I am thankful and proud that we are part of such a wonderful community where my daughter is truly cared for and continues to learn and thrive.
- Posted by Parent - Thankful for education of my whole child
This unprecedented time of challenge reveals a community's true strengths and weaknesses. From the moment COVID-19 hit Rhode Island, the MCS leadership mobilized to create a remote learning plan that would enable students to realize some sense of normality. To that end, while other schools enjoyed an unexpected week of early spring break, MCS is in its second week of remote learning. The bumps last week were minor and with candid and frequent communication between all levels of the school community, this week's lesson plans and schedules were thoughtfully adapted. It is obvious how much time, energy, dedication and love this team of teachers and our beloved principal, Dr. Lisi, have expended. Their education plans are creative, thoughtful, challenging and adaptable. Students are held accountable for their work and attendance but the leadership is accessible, which is crucial in a time of "social distancing." As a working mother, I would be sunk if the kids didn't have a structure to follow, academic challenges to face and work they can navigate without constant supervision. I am so grateful for this school, its teachers, leaders, parents and students. Heartfelt thanks.
- Posted by Parent - A. Krupp
My son transferred to MSC in the middle of the school year. He was greeted with open arms and warm smiles from staff and fellow students. After a few days, I have seen so much growth and change in my son and in our household. He is eager to start his homework when he gets home from school. He is focused, calm, and productive. Every night, he communicates with me every night what he has learned that day in school. He is excited to return to school the next day. I feel truly blessed to be apart of the MCS community. Please consider Monsignor Clarke for your child's education, you will be glad that you did.
- Posted by Parent - Happy Parent
This year we were new to the school and what a refreshing change. We were supported by parent and student ambassadors during the transition. Everyone in the school community has been overwhelmingly kind and helpful. The teachers seem very dedicated to the students and communication is fantastic. Students listen to their teachers and are able to learn without the disruptions that come with negative behavior. My son had said this is such a refreshing change. He is excited to go to school and comes out with a smile each day. I have seen him grow academically this year and he continues to see respect for self and others fostered in school every day! Thank you MCS for being such a positive place for my child to grow and learn.
- Posted by Parent - Amanda
The teachers are amazing and the students really care about each other. The teachers spend the time to get to know each and every student and teach them real values that make them strong individuals. The academics are on par with the best schools and the community of friends are great.
- Posted by Parent - parent
My son LOVED his experience at MCS. When he joined the MCS family, he came in half way through the year. They were warm, welcoming and friendly. Everyone greeted him and he became fast friends with his classmates. We've noticed a difference in his compassion. We've enjoyed seeing him grow and mature with his time at MCS.
- Posted by Parent - Great experience at MCS
Msgr. Clarke was a fantastic experience where my son truly felt like he could be his best self. The academics are rigorous and he was fully prepared for high school. In fact, he received an academic scholarship and continues to perform in a high school honors program. The core values and emphasis on "service to others" is something that is lacking in public schools. We did experience public school for two years and my son made the choice to come back to MCS! This school administration partners with parents to help you navigate the elementary and middle school years. It's a warm, welcoming, family centered community and I highly recommend it.
- Posted by Parent - Alum Parent
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.