Cardinal Newman School
- With origins dating from 1858, Cardinal Newman School is a diocesan, Catholic co-educational institution providing a well-rounded education in a collge preparatory atmosphere for students in grades seven through twelve.
- A wide range of athletics, cocurricular and extracurricular activities are also provided.
- Cardinal Newman School does not discriminate on the basis of color, national or ethnic origin in any of its policies, practices or procedures.
- With an emphasis on the Catholic tradition of education - strong academics, a dedication to service and traditional Catholic,Christian values, Cardinal Newman School provides a safe and structured environment which challenges all students to achieve personal excellence in everyway.
- Inspired by the community belief in divine providence and love, Cardinal Newman students wIll become self-disciplined learners who also demonstrate respect, integrity, responsibility and a sense of justice as they prepare to live their lives of truth, integrity anad fidelity - VERITAS, INTEGRITAS, FIDELITAS.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
The South Carolina Independent School Association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||yes|
|Total Students||495 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||52 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||An Honors currciulum in English, Math, Science and Social Studies offered in all grade levels., AP Biology, AP Economics, AP English Literature and Composition, AP European History, AP Latin Literature, AP US Government and Politics, AP US History, Calculus 141 CC, Calculus 142 CC, Chemistry 111 CC, English 101 and 102 CC, Jazz and American Popular Music 140 CC, Music Appreciation 110 CC,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,690|
|Admissions Director||Theresa Harper|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Football,
Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Alpha Theta, Art Club, Beta Club, Campus Ministry, Chess Club, Drama, French Club, Geography Bee, Key Club, National Honor Society, Pep Club, Photography Club, Quiz Bowl, Spanish Club, Student Council, WINGS, Writing Club Alpha Theta, Art Club, Beta Club, Chess Club, Drama, French Club, Geography Bee, Key Club, Pep Club, Quiz Bowl, Spanish Club, WINGS, Writing Club, Campus Ministry,
National Honor Society,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ColumbiaGrades: PK-12 | 840 students
854 Galway Ln
Columbia, SC 29209
ColumbiaGrades: PK-12 | 717 students
3000 S Beltline Blvd
Columbia, SC 29201
ColumbiaGrades: PK-12 | 792 students
7401 Monticello Road
Columbia, SC 29203
ColumbiaGrades: 5-12 | 46 students
171 Starlight Dr
Columbia, SC 29210
ColumbiaGrades: PK-6 | 314 students
721 Polo Rd
Columbia, SC 29223
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?