Cardinal Newman School
- With origins dating from 1858, Cardinal Newman School is a diocesan, Catholic co-educational institution providing a well-rounded education in a collge preparatory atmosphere for students in grades seven through twelve.
- A wide range of athletics, cocurricular and extracurricular activities are also provided.
- Cardinal Newman School does not discriminate on the basis of color, national or ethnic origin in any of its policies, practices or procedures.
- With an emphasis on the Catholic tradition of education - strong academics, a dedication to service and traditional Catholic,Christian values, Cardinal Newman School provides a safe and structured environment which challenges all students to achieve personal excellence in everyway.
- Inspired by the community belief in divine providence and love, Cardinal Newman students wIll become self-disciplined learners who also demonstrate respect, integrity, responsibility and a sense of justice as they prepare to live their lives of truth, integrity anad fidelity - VERITAS, INTEGRITAS, FIDELITAS.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
The South Carolina Independent School Association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||yes|
|Total Students||495 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||52 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||An Honors currciulum in English, Math, Science and Social Studies offered in all grade levels., AP Biology, AP Economics, AP English Literature and Composition, AP European History, AP Latin Literature, AP US Government and Politics, AP US History, Calculus 141 CC, Calculus 142 CC, Chemistry 111 CC, English 101 and 102 CC, Jazz and American Popular Music 140 CC, Music Appreciation 110 CC,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,690|
|Admissions Director||Theresa Harper|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Alpha Theta, Art Club, Beta Club, Campus Ministry, Drama, French Club, Geography Bee, Key Club, National Honor Society, Pep Club, Photography Club, Quiz Bowl, Spanish Club, Student Council, WINGS, Writing Club|
Club or Organization:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ColumbiaGrades: PK-12 | 760 students
7401 Monticello Road
Columbia, SC 29203
- ColumbiaGrades: PK-12 | 843 students
854 Galway Ln
Columbia, SC 29209
- ColumbiaGrades: PK-12 | 717 students
3000 S Beltline Blvd
Columbia, SC 29201
- ColumbiaGrades: 5-12 | 46 students
171 Starlight Dr
Columbia, SC 29210
- ColumbiaGrades: PK-6 | 314 students
721 Polo Rd
Columbia, SC 29223
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.