St. John Neumann Catholic School
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (803) 788-1367
- St. John Neumann Catholic School, serving the PreSchool through 6th grade community in the Greater Columbia area, nurtures and inspires the spiritual and intellectual development of students of all faiths.The faculty and staff of St. John Neumann Catholic School understand that each student`s learning style is unique and follow a Differentiated Instruction curriculum. We believe that St. John Neumann School is a Catholic education community dedicated to the mission entrusted by Jesus Christ to the Church.
- Our community provides an environment that helps to instill sound ideals, morals, and values as guided by the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Discovery Center aids with enrichment in reading and math|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 1999, 2010|
|Total Students||314 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(school uniform required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,967|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates vary for PreSchool and K-6th, as well as for Parishioners and Non-Parishioners.|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Digital Storytelling, Eco Friendly Eagles, Girls' Club, LEGO & Science Club, LEGO Robotics & Engineering Club, Mad Scientist & Spy Club, Math Club, Rock with the Doc, Rosary Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Stories & Art, Vox Angelorum (choir)
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Genova Karate, Golf Squad, Planet Gymnastics & Cheer, Soccer Training, Speed & Agility
- St. John Neumann Catholic School, serving the PreSchool through 6th grade community in the Greater Columbia area, nurtures and inspires the spiritual and intellectual development of students of all faiths.The faculty and staff of St. John Neumann Catholic School understand that each student`s learning style is unique. We follow a Differentiated Instruction curriculum using two standardized tests, Iowa Test of Basic Skills (ITBS) and Measures of Academic Progress (MAP), to guide instruction. Teachers employ Cross-Curricular Learning for students in all grades to emphasize the importance of learning across all subject areas. Special areas, including Art, Music, P.E., Library, Computer Lab, Science Lab, and Foreign Language, supplement our primary curriculum and are enjoyed by all students in PreSchool through 6th grade.
- We believe that St. John Neumann School is a Catholic education community dedicated to the mission entrusted by Jesus Christ to the Church. Our community provides an environment that helps to instill sound ideals, morals, and values as guided by the Gospel of Jesus Christ. To bring this about, we work toward developing a program that will acknowledge and accept the responsibility to nurture that academic, spiritual, cultural, and physical growth of each student while allowing him to advance according to his own unique and personal talents. Parent involvement and volunteerism help us achieve that goal. St. John Neumann School strives to continue its strong tradition of excellence by guiding its students to become involved members of their church and society. Service to the school, parish, and community is an integral part of life at St. John Neumann.
- St. John Neumann is a Certified SC Green Steps School. Our students enjoy and maintain a large school garden, experience instruction in our outdoor classroom, and participate in many school-wide environmental initiatives. Our Discovery Center is dedicated to both reinforcement and enrichment activities for our students, to help each child reach his or her academic potential. We offer an Advanced Math program for qualifying students and an Accelerated Reader program for students in 1st-6th grades. Technology is an integral part of our curriculum, including iPads, SMART Boards, and an Apple computer lab.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbia Grades: PK-8 | 294 students
2219 Atascadero Dr
Columbia, SC 29206
(803) 782-2748 6.5 PK-8
- Columbia Grades: PK-K | 123 students
10014b Two Notch Rd
Columbia, SC 29223
(803) 788-9814 3.2 PK-K
- Russellville Grades: PK-12 | 113 students
1019 Bethel Rd
Russellville, SC 29476
(843) 567-4644 12.4 PK-12
- Columbia Grades: PK-K | 90 students
1005 Asbury Dr
Columbia, SC 29209
(803) 776-8121 8.6 PK-K
- Columbia Grades: PK-1 | 119 students
819 Woodrow St
Columbia, SC 29205
(803) 779-1816 9 PK-1
SjN school is providing a great environment for students and their families.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
This is our family's tenth year at St. John Neumann School, and we love to see the happy, positive, supportive and safe environment at our school. The curriculum, student focused learning, and all-around educational and Catholic environment are our favorite things about SJN.The faculty, staff and administration are caring, enthusiastic and wonderful examples for our boys.#teamSJN #SJNWorldClass
- Posted by Parent - Hitchcock Family
My experience with SJN has been wonderful. I am impressed with the quality of the overall academic program, the teachers, school administration, and the facility itself. My daughter is consistently engaged and excited to go to school. In addition to learning the basic courses of science, math, and reading/writing, she is also exposed to religion, art, music, and sports. The school administration is organized and communicates well with parents. Overall, SJN is truly focused on the safety and success of all their students!
- Posted by Parent - Jacqueline Mazza
We absolutely love SJN Catholic School! Both of our children attend school here. I feel fully confident that they are receiving the most loving, caring, supportive, spiritually fulfilling, and safe environment possible. We wouldn't choose any other school!
- Posted by Parent - Nicole White
Our son has been enrolled for 2 years now at SJN and we continue to see academic, spiritual and personal growth. We are very pleased with the administration, principal, faculty and school. SJN continues to strive for excellence and we are very happy to be a part of this wonderful community.
- Posted by Parent - Kimberly Murphy
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.