Carolina Christian Academy
5.00 (6 reviews)
Tel: (803) 285-5565
- In 1995, the membership of Fellowship Bible Church had a dream to open a Christian school in Lancaster that would provide students world-class academics, a nurturing safe-haven in which to fourish, and a Biblical foundation on which to build solid lives, marriages, and home.
- On September 2, 1996, Carolina Christian Academy opened its doors to ages three through grade twelve.
- Today, that dream has become a reality. CCA ranks as the number two school in South Carolina on the SAT-10, a test taken annually by millions of students.
- CCA's five-year-old kindergargarten through twelfth grade outscored the nation by an average of 42 points, ranking CCA's students academically among the top eight percent in the nation. This was good enough to rank CCA as the second highest scoring school within the South Carolina Association of Christian Schools, the association that accredits CCA.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$400|
|Total Students||223 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|Advanced Courses||American History, Anatomy, Biology, Chemistry, English, Spanish|
|Average SAT score||1180|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,200|
|Tuition Notes||Various scholarships available|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Golf, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
All-School Choir, Art Studio Lessons, Level 1 Band, Level 2 Band, Piano Lessons, School Ensemble
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Pee Wee Basketball
- CCA's classes for ages three through five build a solid foundation for the upper grades and life. Studies show that three, four, and five-year-olds who attend a five day a week, structured, academic program such as CCA's will make better grades throughout school, have fewer discipline problems, and a higher percentage will graduate from high school. CCA's AP courses allow high school students to earn college credit while in high school. More than ninety percent of the school's graduates attend college, many with full scholarships. CCA graduates attend various universities, including Bob Jones, Pensacola, Harvard, and Oxford. But academics are not all. CCA has award winning fine arts. CCA offers art, voice, piano, chorus, choir, drama, speech, and both beginner and advanced band. In statewide competition, CCA's art is recognized as among the best, often winning "Best of Show". CCA is also a fun place to be. CCA students play inter-scholastic girls and boys volleyball, basketball, and golf. In addition, there are three cheerleading squads: Pee-Wees, Junior Varsity, and Varsity. CCA's golf team has been undefeated for two years, winning the SCACS State 1-A championship both years. "Pam's Place" is one of the best equipped playgrounds in Lancaster County. It provides a safe and happy place for children to play. The huge fenced-in playground has a large selection of age-appropriate equipment for kindergarten to high school, including regulation size outdoor basketball and volleyball courts, and a spacious picnic shelter complete with tables, drinking fountains, and more. Situated on a spacious and beautifully landscaped fifteen-acre campus on the 521 By-pass, CCA's facilities are modern, finely appointed, super-clean, comfortable, and conducive to a bright, positive, and pleasant learning experience. The chandelier hanging brilliantly in the cathedral center of the main corridor, the fountain in the beautiful rose garden, and the live, luscious plants throughout the facilities all make CCA a delightful place to be. But it is not the facility that will make you want to stay. It is the people! You will love the servant's heart that you find at CCA. The two-fold mission of CCA is to equip students with the knowledge, skills, values, and ethics to excel in life, especially in the areas of college, family, church, society, and vocation; and to prepare an army of young Christian patriots who will exemplify, passionately advocate and intelligently defend the Bible worldview, thereby solving our nation's problems rather than adding to them.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cramerton Grades: PK-12 | 431 students
426 Woodlawn Ave
Cramerton, NC 28032
(704) 824-2840 43 PK-12
- Matthews Grades: PK-12 | 185 students
2724 Margaret Wallace Road
Matthews, NC 28105
(704) 535-1694 32.4 PK-12
CCA is a fantastic school with challenging academics, competitive sports, small classes within a respectful Christian environment. All classes are taught from a biblical worldview. Online classes and exciting field trip experiences are also available. My child has grown academically, socially, and spiritually from his tea at CCA. Teachers are helpful, organized, and approachable with high expectations for all students. Class time is wisely utilized.
- Posted by Parent - Merritt Pace
This is a fabulous school. The teachers work tirelessly to meet the needs of each student. There's no place I'd rather my children attend!
- Posted by Parent - Nina
An outstanding school that exceeds expectations. I give it 5 STARS!!!
- Posted by Parent - Frog
I love this school for my boys. Every teacher and the faculty have been supportive as the boys transitioned from homeschool. This is their second year, and the boys enjoy learning and going there. I feel like they are in good hands; they are safe; they are learning, and they are only excelling every day they are able to attend.
- Posted by Parent - Joy
Amazing school! I love how God is the center of all education. We love the staff and faculty. Our children love being a part of CCA!
- Posted by Parent - Tasha
Excellent school and staff.
- Posted by Parent - Angie Wood
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.