5.00 (1 review)
- Cedarwood School, established in 1983, has earned a reputation as one of the nation's finest private schools.
- Founded upon the basic principles of individualized instruction, Cedarwood offers a stimulating academic program combined with sensitivity to children's developmental needs.
- Currently, we serve 350 preschool (2 years - 5 years) through 7th grade students in Mandeville, Louisiana, on the Northshore of Lake Ponchartrain just 30 minutes from New Orleans.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||352 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mandeville Grades: NS-7 | 686 students
316 Lafitte Street
Mandeville, LA 70448
(985)626-5678 4 NS-7
- Covington Grades: NS-7 | 209 students
25 Patricia Drive
Covington, LA 70433
(985)892-4415 6 NS-7
- Mandeville Grades: PK-7 | 531 students
1515 W Causeway Approach
Mandeville, LA 70471
(985)674-2466 0.8 PK-7
Each teacher gives individualized attention and creates a nurturing atmosphere for learning and achieving to the highest standard. Each classroom performs as if it were in gifted classes. Cedarwood offers a variety of sports and other activities for all ages. Excellent school!!'
- Posted by Parent - Kimbe
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.