The philosophy of Christ Episcopal School reflects the reasons for its origin: to provide a superior academic opportunity within the framework of a warm and nurturing Christian environment.
Each child is special, an individual. Therefore, at the heart of Christ Episcopal School is the belief that the development of the intellectual, emotional, physical, and spiritual needs of each child must be tailored, to the greatest extent possible, to the individual child.
We seek to give our children an awareness of God's love and, through such an awareness, to foster those ideals - self esteem, independence, and self-motivation - which will prepare each child for the continuing educational process.
Our goal is to prepare our children for living in God's world, with all their rights and privileges, duties and responsibilities.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked LA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 551 students
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Christ Episcopal School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Louisiana for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 23%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Arts and Music Programs:
Annual Musical, ceramics, Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Annual Musical, ceramics, Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- For twenty-five years, Christ Episcopal School has sought to live out its mission with a humble earnestness of purpose. Throughout that time our campus has continued to develop into an environment where each person's uniqueness is intrinsically valued. We seek to remember and act upon the definitive belief that each child manifests God's creative love passing through the prism of the parents, and refracts a new manifestation of "God in the World." Therefore each student is a wonder; "called by name." God called each of our children by name before we knew they were ours. So, we seek not to manage but guide them through wisdom, opportunity, encouragement and, yes, mandates to progress through recognized developmental goals on the intellectual, spiritual, moral, social, and physical planes.We also seek to act justly, and for us, the model to emulate in doing so is the Spirit of Christ. People who act for justice though do not ignore or allow repetitive acts of self-centeredness that are harmful to others or one's own self. We look for and seek in worship, reflection, and thought, the moral courage within ourselves and our students to both know the "good" and to choose the "good" as we move through the years together sharing both joys and trials.Finally, we are clearly about something everyday. We are about learning. We seek a level of engagement in learning by which we measure our effectiveness. We seek a productive and invigorating marriage of a work ethic and intellectual curiosity. We expect and look for joy in and out of the classroom as we pursue high expectations, inculcate a lifelong love of learning and critical and reflective thought within relationship-based teaching.While we recognize and honor the responsibility, we take great pleasure in being so proximate to our children's development. We relish the relationships, the trust and the opportunity to weave the fabric of our community while valuing each thread as precious in the philosophical, theological and personal sense. I invite you to contact us and explore the web site to learn more about our school.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are Christ Episcopal School often compared to?
Christ Episcopal Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Northlake Christian School by visitors of our site.
What sports does Christ Episcopal School offer?
Christ Episcopal School offers 15 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Equestrian, Flag Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball and Winter Track. Christ Episcopal School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Louisiana for most sports offered.
What is Christ Episcopal School's ranking?
Christ Episcopal School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Louisiana for: Largest student body and Most sports offered.
When is the application deadline for Christ Episcopal School?
The application deadline for Christ Episcopal School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Christ Episcopal School has educated and prepared my three children extremely well. It is an independent, co-ed. private school that is accredited by ISAS. It has a wonderful outdoor education program that includes many class field trips and academic travel opportunities. 20% of high school graduates have been National Merit Finalists. 100% have been accepted into universities. Students at CES love school and love to learn. They are members of the LHSAA athletic league and won three state titles in 2017/2018.
CES is unlike any other school around. Student creativity and individuality are encouraged. Students are appreciated for being who they are, unique creations of God. I''ve never seen teachers who genuinely care so much for their students. This is quite the special school.
Endorse Christ Episcopal School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Montessori Schools: An Overview
Are you curious about an educational approach that nurtures independent, creative, and lifelong learners? Look no further! We invite you to dive into the fascinating world of Montessori education and unlock its incredible potential for your children.
Securing Your School
With the rise of school shootings and other violent incidents, it is essential to have a comprehensive plan in place to protect everyone on your school campus.
Overview of State Voucher Programs in the United States
More than twelve states and the District of Columbia have education voucher programs. We describe the various programs and offer suggestions on how to use them so your child can attend private school.