Christ Episcopal School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- The philosophy of Christ Episcopal School reflects the reasons for its origin: to provide a superior academic opportunity within the framework of a warm and nurturing Christian environment.
- Each child is special, an individual. Therefore, at the heart of Christ Episcopal School is the belief that the development of the intellectual, emotional, physical, and spiritual needs of each child must be tailored, to the greatest extent possible, to the individual child.
- We seek to give our children an awareness of God's love and, through such an awareness, to foster those ideals - self esteem, independence, and self-motivation - which will prepare each child for the continuing educational process.
- Our goal is to prepare our children for living in God's world, with all their rights and privileges, duties and responsibilities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||638 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||67 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Equestrian, Flag Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Equestrian, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Annual Musical, ceramics, Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- For twenty-five years, Christ Episcopal School has sought to live out its mission with a humble earnestness of purpose. Throughout that time our campus has continued to develop into an environment where each person's uniqueness is intrinsically valued. We seek to remember and act upon the definitive belief that each child manifests God's creative love passing through the prism of the parents, and refracts a new manifestation of "God in the World." Therefore each student is a wonder; "called by name." God called each of our children by name before we knew they were ours. So, we seek not to manage but guide them through wisdom, opportunity, encouragement and, yes, mandates to progress through recognized developmental goals on the intellectual, spiritual, moral, social, and physical planes.We also seek to act justly, and for us, the model to emulate in doing so is the Spirit of Christ. People who act for justice though do not ignore or allow repetitive acts of self-centeredness that are harmful to others or one's own self. We look for and seek in worship, reflection, and thought, the moral courage within ourselves and our students to both know the "good" and to choose the "good" as we move through the years together sharing both joys and trials.Finally, we are clearly about something everyday. We are about learning. We seek a level of engagement in learning by which we measure our effectiveness. We seek a productive and invigorating marriage of a work ethic and intellectual curiosity. We expect and look for joy in and out of the classroom as we pursue high expectations, inculcate a lifelong love of learning and critical and reflective thought within relationship-based teaching.While we recognize and honor the responsibility, we take great pleasure in being so proximate to our children's development. We relish the relationships, the trust and the opportunity to weave the fabric of our community while valuing each thread as precious in the philosophical, theological and personal sense. I invite you to contact us and explore the web site to learn more about our school.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mandeville Grades: NS-7 | 686 students
316 Lafitte Street
Mandeville, LA 70448
(985)626-5678 7.2 NS-7
- Covington Grades: NS-7 | 191 students
25 Patricia Drive
Covington, LA 70433
(985)892-4415 3.3 NS-7
- Covington Grades: PK-7 | 805 students
130 E Temperance St
Covington, LA 70433
(985)892-1831 3.5 PK-7
Christ Episcopal School has educated and prepared my three children extremely well. It is an independent, co-ed. private school that is accredited by ISAS. It has a wonderful outdoor education program that includes many class field trips and academic travel opportunities. 20% of high school graduates have been National Merit Finalists. 100% have been accepted into universities. Students at CES love school and love to learn. They are members of the LHSAA athletic league and won three state titles in 2017/2018.
- Posted by Parent - Jane Slatten
CES is unlike any other school around. Student creativity and individuality are encouraged. Students are appreciated for being who they are, unique creations of God. I''ve never seen teachers who genuinely care so much for their students. This is quite the special school.
- Posted by Parent - reve.
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.