Center For Teaching & Learning
- The Center for Teaching and Learning is a K-8 demonstration school dedicated to the development and dissemination of authentic, rigorous and joyful methods for teaching across the curriculum.
- We seek to teach and influence both a cross-section of children of mid-coastal Maine and, through an intern program, seminars, speeches and publications, classroom teachers throughout the U.S. The Center for Teaching and Learning was founded in 1990 as a non-profit demonstration school.
- CTL is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, licensed by the Maine Department of Education, and has state and federal tax-exempt status as a 501(c)(3) corporation.
- It draws students from twenty-three communities in the mid-coast region.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||72 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 9%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NobleboroGrades: PK-8 | 103 students
93 Center St
Nobleboro, ME 04555
WiscassetGrades: KG-11 | 31 students
143 Beechnut Hill Rd
Wiscasset, ME 04578
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017