- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
- Los Gatos, Saratoga students win civics contest - 02/10/2017The winners include seventh-grader Danya Balagopal and fifth-grader Anika Tradhani from the Challenger School`s Shawnee campus in San Jose, and sixth-grader Dylan Nguyen from Challenger`s Almaden campus.
- School Scene: South Bay middle-schoolers advance in Broadcom Masters science contest - 09/23/2016The 30 finalists were chosen from among 300 seminfinalists. Each finalist won $500 and an expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C., in late October for the finals.
- Los Gatos, Saratoga: Saratoga’s Si-Yi wins top award in DAR contest - 02/10/2016Four students from Challenger School were also awarded at the ceremony. The group includes Alec Corliss, fifth grade; Danya Balagopal, sixth grade; Pauline Le, seventh grade; and Srinivas Balagopal, eighth grade. They each received $75 for their essays titled, "A Colonial Family`s Reaction to the Stamp Act."
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
Academics and Faculty
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Our curriculum focuses on the foundations of knowledge: language arts, math, and logic. Early mastery of these basics prepares students for advanced studies and learning at an accelerated pace.
- Breathtaking Results - Our uniquely structured classes yield astonishing results in young students. Challenger students achieve scores on average in the 90th percentile on the national Stanford Achievement Test (SAT). This means that our average student outperforms nine out of ten students who take that test. Challenger School offers preschool through eighth grade programs that prepare children to live happily and successfully for their whole lives.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Challenger School - Shawnee offer a summer program?
Yes, Challenger School - Shawnee offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
When is the application deadline for Challenger School - Shawnee?
The application deadline for Challenger School - Shawnee is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
We love Challenger school. Challenger is the best private school around. I think it's worth every penny for your kid. The workload is a little bit too much for young kids but if parents spent some time helping them; they will be ok. If you want your kids to be challenged, then this is the right school. We are highly recommended.
Challenger is an amazing school. Both of my children attend this school and wish they had been coming here since preschool. The academics are great, and the friendships they form are wonderful. Contrary to many stupid judgements, many children are (not surprisingly) incredibly social and polite and outgoing. Of course, a few are shy but this is based on their personality and parenting which is not affiliated with the school's practices in any way. In middle school, the children can attend dances. The dances are not only appropriate (in both duration and frequency) but also an awesome experience for the children who love it. In high school, the children flourish because of the standards they previously lived up to (and exceeded) so in high school, Challenger alumnae pursue a wide array of interests and take many Honors classes and attend prestigious high schools. The school fosters a healthy amount of competition, with contests in which the students rightfully earn their respective merits. Contrary to many other schools, Challenger offers no consolation prizes. Because of these many reasons, I believe all children must attend Challenger.
Endorse Challenger School - Shawnee. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Secrets to Becoming a Great School
Discover the essential ingredients that drive academic success and cultivate a thriving school community.
Keep track of application deadlines as well as all the other aspects of choosing a school.
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.