Challenger School - Shawnee
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Celebrating over 50 years of learning and fun, Challenger School is an independent private school that focuses on academic excellence, individual achievement, strong logic and thinking skills, and self-reliance.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Our curriculum focuses on the foundations of knowledge: language arts, math, and logic. Early mastery of these basics prepares students for advanced studies and learning at an accelerated pace.
- Breathtaking Results - Our uniquely structured classes yield astonishing results in young students. Challenger students achieve scores on average in the 90th percentile on the national Stanford Achievement Test (SAT). This means that our average student outperforms nine out of ten students who take that test. Challenger School offers preschool through eighth grade programs that prepare children to live happily and successfully for their whole lives.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Jose Grades: NS | 129 students
5845 Allen Ave
San Jose, CA 95123
(408)629-6020 1.3 NS
- San Jose Grades: K-5 | 293 students
6670 San Anselmo Way
San Jose, CA 95119
(408)363-2130 2.5 K-5
We love Challenger school. Challenger is the best private school around. I think it's worth every penny for your kid. The workload is a little bit too much for young kids but if parents spent some time helping them; they will be ok. If you want your kids to be challenged, then this is the right school. We are highly recommended.
- Posted by Parent - Kim V
Challenger is an amazing school. Both of my children attend this school and wish they had been coming here since preschool. The academics are great, and the friendships they form are wonderful. Contrary to many stupid judgements, many children are (not surprisingly) incredibly social and polite and outgoing. Of course, a few are shy but this is based on their personality and parenting which is not affiliated with the school's practices in any way. In middle school, the children can attend dances. The dances are not only appropriate (in both duration and frequency) but also an awesome experience for the children who love it. In high school, the children flourish because of the standards they previously lived up to (and exceeded) so in high school, Challenger alumnae pursue a wide array of interests and take many Honors classes and attend prestigious high schools. The school fosters a healthy amount of competition, with contests in which the students rightfully earn their respective merits. Contrary to many other schools, Challenger offers no consolation prizes. Because of these many reasons, I believe all children must attend Challenger.
- Posted by Parent - samik
Contract cheating is more common than most of us realize. Finding somebody online to write essays or term papers is fairly easy to do. The way we parents counter immoral behavior like this is to discuss it frequently with our children.
As you begin to evaluate schools, keep these five basic questions in mind.
The Cristo Rey Network of schools currently comprises some 26 schools in 17 states and the District of Columbia. Truth is they are just getting started.