5.00 (2 reviews)
- Celebrating 45 years of learning and fun, Challenger School is an independent private school that focuses on academic excellence, individual achievement, strong logic and thinking skills, and self-reliance.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Our curriculum focuses on the foundations of knowledge: language arts, math, and logic. Early mastery of these basics prepares students for advanced studies and learning at an accelerated pace.
- Breathtaking Results - Our uniquely structured classes yield astonishing results in young students. Challenger students achieve scores on average in the 90th percentile on the national Stanford Achievement Test (SAT). This means that our average student outperforms nine out of ten students who take that test. Challenger School offers preschool through eighth grade programs that prepare children to live happily and successfully for their whole lives.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San JoseGrades: NS-K | 129 students
5845 Allen Ave
San Jose, CA 95123
- San JoseGrades: PK-5 | 381 students
6670 San Anselmo Way
San Jose, CA 95119
We love Challenger school. Challenger is the best private school around. I think it's worth every penny for your kid. The workload is a little bit too much for young kids but if parents spent some time helping them; they will be ok. If you want your kids to be challenged, then this is the right school. We are highly recommended.
- Posted by Parent - Kim V
Challenger is an amazing school. Both of my children attend this school and wish they had been coming here since preschool. The academics are great, and the friendships they form are wonderful. Contrary to many stupid judgements, many children are (not surprisingly) incredibly social and polite and outgoing. Of course, a few are shy but this is based on their personality and parenting which is not affiliated with the school's practices in any way. In middle school, the children can attend dances. The dances are not only appropriate (in both duration and frequency) but also an awesome experience for the children who love it. In high school, the children flourish because of the standards they previously lived up to (and exceeded) so in high school, Challenger alumnae pursue a wide array of interests and take many Honors classes and attend prestigious high schools. The school fosters a healthy amount of competition, with contests in which the students rightfully earn their respective merits. Contrary to many other schools, Challenger offers no consolation prizes. Because of these many reasons, I believe all children must attend Challenger.
- Posted by Parent - samik
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.