Apostles Lutheran School
Tel: (408) 578-4800
- Apostles is a member of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS), a church organization that has been operating Lutheran schools for over 150 years.
- Apostles wants to connect your child with the future.
- Our students score consistently high on achievement tests compared with other schools.
- After graduation, our students attend the top-rated private and public high schools in the area.
- Students are balanced and well-equipped for the challenges of high school and life.
- Students have the spiritual foundation to tackle issues in their future.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ESL, Dyslexia, General Tutoring|
|Total Students||198 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||English, Environmental Science, US History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(appropriate Christian dress)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,995|
|Tuition Notes||subsidized rates for Apostles Lutheran Church members and transitional kindergarten|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mr. Rendell Koeppel, Principal|
|Admissions Associate||Pastor Greg Bork|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
Club or Organization:
Chess Club, Drama
Arts and Music Programs:
- Apostles Lutheran School is a Jr.K-8th grade Christian school in south San Jose. Apostles has been serving families with Christ-centered education for over 40 years. Apostles is member of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS) which supports our school with a rich tradition of academic excellence.The WELS has operated elementary, middle, and high schools across the United States, the Caribbean, and around the world for over 150 years. Apostles Lutheran School is a part of the fourth largest private school system in America. Currently, WELS churches and associations operate 406 early childhood centers, 334 elementary schools, 23 high schools, 2 colleges and one seminary across the nation, enrolling over 41,000 students in its institutions of learning. The Wisconsin Synod has provided excellent instructors to these schools by training its own teachers since 1884. It is gratifying to report that, on average, students attending WELS schools annually tend to outperform their peers by a considerable margin on national achievement tests.Apostles is proud to bring this rich pedigree of academic excellence to San Jose.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Jose Grades: PK-8 | 372 students
4850 Pearl Ave
San Jose, CA 95136
(408) 978-1355 2.1 PK-8
- San Jose Grades: 9-12 | 1651 students
960 W Hedding St
San Jose, CA 95126
(408) 294-9224 8.5 9-12
- San Jose Grades: PK-8 | 153 students
1175 Hillsdale Avenue
San Jose, CA 95118
(408) 269-2222 3.5 PK-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?