BASIS Independent Silicon Valley
5.00 (1 review)
- BASIS Independent Silicon Valley is a grades 5-12 private school in the Bay Area that raises the standards of student learning to the highest international levels.
- The world-acclaimed BASIS Curriculum is a STEM-focused liberal arts program that is benchmarked to top education systems worldwide, taught by passionate educators with subject-specific expertise.
- Students can also choose from over 65 club and athletic offerings to discover new passions and build skills outside the classroom.
- Our program graduates students who are ranked years ahead of their U.S. and global peers in math, reading, and science, and who go on to attend and excel in the world's most prestigious and respected colleges and universities, including Stanford, UC Berkeley, Princeton, MIT, The London School of Economics, Oxford, and more.
BASIS Independent Silicon Valley places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||800 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Number of AP Courses||33 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1478|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 30|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$30,700|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Payment Options: Families have the option to pay tuition in three different ways including: 1 Payment; 2 Payments; or 10 Monthly Payments.|
|Admissions Director||Chris Zefferys|
|Admissions Associate||Miranda Rodriguez|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Fencing, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBadminton, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||57 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
A Capella Group, Academic Decathlon, American Red Cross Club, Anatomy Club, Artificial Intelligence Club, Biology Olympiad, Board Game Club, Book Club, Broadcom Masters, Chemistry Olympiad, Chess Club, Chinese National Honor Society, CodeCats, Competitive Computer Science Club, Creative Writing Club, DECA, Drama Club, Entrepreneurship Club, Environmental Club, Film Production Club, Girl Up, Girls Who Code Club, Intel Science Talent Search, iOS Apps Club, Jazz Ensemble, Key Club, Leadership Club, Math Circle, Math Club, Medical Club, Middle School Math Team, Mock Trial, Model United Nations, National Geography Bee, National History Bee, National History Bowl, National Honor Society, National Junior Classics League, National Junior Honor Society, National Science Honor Society, National Scripps Spelling Bee, National Spanish Honor Society, Neuroscience Club, Newspaper Club, Pop n’ Soul Club, Quiz Bowl, Robotics, Rock, Science Bowl for Middle School, Science of Wellness Club, Science Olympia, Social Education and Awareness Club, Speech & Debate, Spirit Squad, Synopsys Science Fair, UNICEF, Zenith Tutoring
- At BASIS Independent Silicon Valley, we believe in educating students to the highest international standards with expert instruction in the liberal arts and sciences.
- Our knowledgeable and passionate subject expert teachers believe that with the right support and encouragement, any motivated child can achieve academic excellence.
- Our world-acclaimed program facilitates a joyful learning culture where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary opportunities!
- Over 65 clubs and athletics from which to select including basketball, fencing, speech & debate, National Honors Society and more.
- BASIS Independent Silicon Valley students are accepted to the world's top colleges and universities including Stanford, UC Berkeley, Princeton, MIT, Oxford, and the London School of Economics and Political Science.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Jose Grades: PK-K | 168 students
5200 Dent Ave
San Jose, CA 95118
(408)264-7333 2 PK-K
- San Jose Grades: NS-8
730 Camina Escuela
San Jose, CA 95129
(408)213-0083 4 NS-8
This school is academic strong with professional teachers who are experts in respective area. There are more than 70 after-school clubs/activities to choose. The campus is small but there's an indoor gym and basketball grounds. The school provides shuttle buses for extra sports in nearby clubs/schools - such as tennis, soccer, swimming, and more are adding on. My son is a 6th grade here and we sign him up for three clubs in the campus - all taught by school teachers ( doctor degree owners) and we don't need to drive him around for other tutoring. This is very convenient for silicon valley double-workers. Overall we are satisfied with the school!
- Posted by Parent - Zita W.
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.