5.00 (3 reviews)
Cambrian Academy Photo #2 - Students learn in groups of 8-12. Cambrian Academy's teaching method is a blend of that used by Oxford University and Philips Exeter Academy.
Cambrian Academy Photo #3 - Our outstanding science program provides students with hands-on field experience.
Cambrian Academy Photo #4 - AP Biology, AP Environmental Science, and the Oceanography Club conduct field studies on the San Francisco Bay aboard the research vessel Derek M. Baylis.
Cambrian Academy Photo #7 - Our AP Environmental Science class begins using their habitat restoration grant funds with a small-scale sample in the school courtyard.
Cambrian Academy Photo #8 - Working together with the SJSU Formula SAE team is only one of the many ways our engineering and science is truly real-world and hands-on.
- Cambrian Academy students have been accepted to MIT, UC Berkeley, Duke, Columbia, USC, Emory, UC Santa Cruz, Penn State, UC Irvine, UC Davis, Purdue, San Jose State, Hofstra, St. John's, Pepperdine, UOP, Temple, Rutgers, James Madison, Drexel, UC Santa Barbara, UC Merced, Furman University, Clark University, University of Hawaii, UC Riverside, University of Oregon, Oregon State, SUNY, Pomona, Pitzer, George Mason, Georgetown, UNLV, Arizona State, George Washington, UNC (Charlotte and Chapel Hill), Barry, University of Washington, UC San Diego, Northern Arizona University, Hawaii Pacific University, Michigan, Colorado State, and many others.
- In 2016, we purchased our own land and building. We moved out of our leased facility and into our own facility before the start of the 2017-2018 school year. Visit our website for details.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||110 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 1 / Apr. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,500|
|Tuition Notes||High School is $15,500 per year. Scholarships of up to 50% are available for local students with good grades. Near the start of the year, we may announce additional scholarship funding for students with particular skills, such as drummers, guitarists, go kart racers, etc. So don't hesitate to ask.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mr. Dave Delgado|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Cycling, Dance, Equestrian, Golf, Rock Climbing, Sailing, Soccer, TennisBadminton, Cycling,|
Golf, Rock Climbing,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess, Guitar, Interact, Media Internships, National Honor Society, Oceanography, Robotics, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Go Kart Racing League, Outdoor Adventures, Sailing
Our Education Model ensures that all students participate and all students learn. Courses are taught around a table in groups of 6-12 students. Teachers are participants in classroom discussions, guiding students without always lecturing. Our focus is on AP and Honors courses.
- Superb High School Academics
- Highly qualified instructors
- Seminar style teaching
- Class sizes of 6-12
- Focus on Advanced Placement and Honors
- International students welcome
- We are authorized to issue I-20 visas to qualified students, grades 6-12. I-20 Visas permit foreign students to study in the United States legally. A mix of local and international students provides a rich, cultural experience and a supportive and outstanding academic peer group.
- Academics scheduled around practice
- Hi-Tech interaction with faculty
- Performance scholarships available
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Santa Clara Grades: K-12 | 96 students
220 Blake Ave # B
Santa Clara, CA 95051
(408)247-4740 7.5 K-12
- San Jose Grades: 9-12 | 1651 students
960 W Hedding St
San Jose, CA 95126
(408)294-9224 5.9 9-12
- San Jose Grades: PK-12 | 2030 students
500 Saratoga Ave
San Jose, CA 95129
(408)249-2510 6.5 PK-12
- Los Gatos Grades: 6-12
50 University Ave., Suite A300
Los Gatos, CA 95030
(408)354-0743 6.4 6-12
My son, Sam, started at Cambrian Academy this year, as a sophomore. Best decision we ever made. The school has changed his life, and ours. Sam is very bright but has never liked school. But he loves it now. For the first time, ever, he's engaged, committed, happy, and intellectually curious. He loves the school community, the excellence of the teaching and the flexibility that comes with a small school. He's enjoyed learning about other countries by getting to know the international students and appreciates their focus and commitment to getting to college.
- Posted by Parent - Liza Hanks
My son Sam started at Cambrian in 2016 as a 10th grader. He is very bright but has never (really) liked school before. Cambrian Academy has changed his life (and ours). He is engaged, excited to learn, enthusiastic and thoughtful. He is enjoying the quality of teaching, the flexibility the school has in tailoring curriculum to his interests and the international student body--he's enjoyed learning about other countries and he appreciates the energy and seriousness with which international students approach high school. We couldn't be happier with Cambrian.
- Posted by Parent - Cambrian Academy
Here are just a few of the many reasons I believe Cambrian Academy is the best school in the area. 1) The teachers are incredibly dedicated. They cheerfully give my child extra help during lunch breaks and after school. They love to teach and it shows in their preparation, presentation of subject matter, and enthusiasm. 2) The class sizes are small.The average is 10 per class. Students sit around a conference table so everyone is fully engaged in the discussions. 3) The administration cares about meeting the needs of every student. Because of the school size, it is able to help nurture each person's strengths while addressing his weaknesses. 4) Students are placed according to ability, not age. This has resulted in some being accelerated by 4 or 5 grades. 5) Communication from administration and teachers is superb. My child's grades, attendance, and homework are all accessible online. Just a few clicks of the mouse and I can view her progress or contact any teacher. If you believe the skills necessary for success are obtained through stellar education given by knowledgeable, caring teachers, I urge you to take a tour.
- Posted by Parent - lmdoh
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.